Hey! I'm back... with a remix of Hero Quest for Amiga

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Totta
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Hey! I'm back... with a remix of Hero Quest for Amiga

Post by Totta »

Those familiar with my previous remixes of C64-songs available at RKO know that I haven't made an Amiga remix yet... until now, even though you COULD say it's a C64 remix too since the particular game was available for that computer too (not my fault they omitted just this tune when converting the game)

So... a friend of mine challenged me to take on Hero Quest which was interesting since I had never heard the song before. I listened to it a couple of times, got a few ideas, started Renoise and spent a couple of days making it.

Hero Quest is quite a simple song but it's quite complex too at the same time. Also it's pretty thin in it's original arrangement and consists really of 5 different tunes strung together. I did my best to keep all parts but had to throw one out (it was in 3/4 where the rest of the song is in 4/4) and I had to add some melodies of my own to flesh it out.

Anyway, I will be uploading it to AmigaRemix as soon as the server is available again but in the mean time you can listen to it here.
This is the first time I have created a song too complex for my computer to render in real time and it's also using up almost all memory in the machine so it was quite a challenge to finish it at the end. Especially the dubstep part in the middle was way too heavy for my computer. It consists of no pre rendered sounds but it's created from scratch with simple wave form sounds and heavy distortions, filters and usage of the built in LFO device in combination with manual filtering and fiddeling.

Anyway, it was a fun project and my friend is happy with it. Hope you are too.

/Totta
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Hey! I'm back... with a remix of Hero Quest for Amiga

Post by trace »

Nice one, i like the dubstep part in the middle :D
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Commando 64

Post by Commando 64 »

Cool. I did a rock/metal version of this with real guitars a long time ago (2003) -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N0jirrr9EU
Tom-Cat

Post by Tom-Cat »

VERY nice :)
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

Bah, Dubstep!!1 lol. But besides of that it's a great Remix, well done.