A request ...

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Frank77

A request ...

Post by Frank77 »

Hello .. Guten Abend,

two minutes after signin the first question, i'm sorry :roll: .. and i feel sorry for my horrible english.
There are so many real (!) nice '64-remixes, but Amiga .. huh. So many great tunes, but only a few uploads. A remix of the "history line" soundtrack would be great! Such a great music!!! I would do it by myself, but i'm no musician :cry:

Best wishes, Frank

... amiga rulez :wink:
Frank77

Re: A request ...

Post by Frank77 »

Really no one ... ? :nonono:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

To be fair, this is a C64 board. We don't hate the Amiga here (we love it, as a rule), but many of us don't have a background in it to answer your question. Also, it's not a very busy board. There are probably better Facebook groups to ask.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

I don't see this board to be a C64 board. For me it's a Commodore board, and the Amiga was a computer by Commodore. And if I'm not completely blind, there's a title written on the upper left side of this board, which is "Commodore Remix Forum". And there's also a link to amigaremix next to remix.kwed, so I guess both are welcome. Both are part of the Commodore family! :)

@Frank77:
Hello and Guten Abend,
I think the "problem" is that Amiga sounds are more advanced and it's not stringently required to remix them. The C64 SIDs have more potential and you can be much more creative remixing them than remixing an Amiga tune. In my opinion this is the root of the matter. On the other hand there are obviously much more SID tunes than Amiga tunes. And the higher the number of tracks, the higher the number of remixes. It's very likely that these two points are the reason for the small number of Amiga remixes. And History Line, well, it's not a very popular game. I even haven't played it yet, because concerning strategy games on the Amiga I clearly prefer games like Civilization, The Settlers or Mega Lo Mania. Maybe you'll find a fan of the game who's a musician as well and up for a remix soon, but I wouldn't bet on it. At the end you'll maybe have to create this remix by yourself and become a musician. I'm pretty sure the little community here welcomes every new remixer!
Also, ran an den Speck und loslegen! Die Wahrscheinlichkeit, dass sich o.g. Remixer findet, ist nämlich eher gering. :nod: