Thanatos question - composer?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Thanatos question - composer?

Post by Doddsy »

I noticed on HVSC that Rob Hubbard is credited to composing Thanatos yet on RKO Julian Breeze also get's a mention.

Who is the original composer? If Rob Hubbard has just ported the tune onto the C64 version then technically shouldn't Julian now get the credit that he deserves?
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Thanatos question - composer?

Post by C64GLeN »

As I understand it; Julian Breeze wrote the original ZX/CPC versions of the Thanatos and Sigma 7 music, Rob then converted them to C64. Which makes Julian Breeze the original composer.
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

Thanks for clarifying that Glen. I've uploaded my remix to Youtube and someone pointed out that Julian had in fact composed it. Going from the Info on HVSC I always thought it was Rob.
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Just out of interest, you do have STILView enabled in your SID player, don't you? :)

For those of you who don't know what I'm on about, certain SID players will allow you to view the information from the SID Tune Information List (STIL) when the SID is playing. For Sidplay2/Windows, check Settings / HVSC and put the path in to where HVSC is stored, and tick the boxes you want to view.

The STIL info for Thanatos is there which credits Julian Breeze as the original composer accordingly - same with Sigma Seven in fact.

The Author field in the credits is (and always was for me) effectively who authored the tune on the C64, meaning whoever programmed it in - of course in a high number of cases they also composed it as well.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------