Recruiting for the Tim Follin Arrangement Project

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Liontamer
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA - Community Manager & Submissions Evaluator, OverClocked ReMix

Recruiting for the Tim Follin Arrangement Project

Post by Liontamer »

Larry Oji here, staff member of the OverClocked ReMix VGM fan arrangement site. I've started a thread at OC ReMix about doing a tribute arrangement project for Tim Follin, who relatively recently announced that he would no longer compose video game music. If you're a very capable artist in the community and you're interested in having free reign to arrange any Follin track(s) you want for this project, please stop by and let me know what material you'd like to arrange: http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=75109 Register there if you need to. Again, provided you're a capable artist, this is open to anyone in the VGM fan arrangement community. We're hoping to bring on as many fans of Follin's work on board as possible.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Larry! Long time no speak!

As you might see on the OCR boards, I'll have a go at Qix and try to do something with that.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Liontamer
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA - Community Manager & Submissions Evaluator, OverClocked ReMix

Post by Liontamer »

Thanks a lot Marcus, I appreciate it! Definitely looking forward to the Qix medley! I'm still trying to beg either you or DHS to submit your Break Dance mix from a few years ago to OCR. :lol: Both of you have said you would be ok with sending it, and I promised Carlo we would get a second mix of his up, so one of you please send it our way, bro!

But yeah, talking to my project co-directors CHz & Kaleb Grace, we were checking out R:K:O to see who's arranged any of Follin's material, so if Mahoney, Romeo Knight, Miguel F Ettema, load_error & Nada don't eventually surface, I'm gonna try to contact them personally. I'm sure Lars is around! :-) Really hope to get even more people here to join up and represent the European scene. Thanks for getting it going, Makke!
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Hi,
register me for Bionic Commando subtune 5 (C64 version of course).
I have this one in mind since joining the community - I'll do this one or nothing! :)
Basta!
(I'll post this at ocr too when I get my account confirmed)
Dimmignatt
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Dimmignatt »

Sign me up for Ghouls 'n' Ghosts -subtune 8 (C64 version).
Matthew Cannon
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Matthew Cannon »

I would like someone to suggest a piece for me to do. Oh, and a date for completion would be useful, otherwise I just won't work hard enough. The pressure helps me - maybe I should consider writing game music again :wink:

Your requests please! :?
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

Matthew Cannon wrote:I would like someone to suggest a piece for me to do. Oh, and a date for completion would be useful, otherwise I just won't work hard enough. The pressure helps me - maybe I should consider writing game music again :wink:

How about Boby Slam :D
It's a nice funky little track which could be remixed into lots of different styles !!!!
You could play the flute for the lead part :wink:
Matthew Cannon
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Matthew Cannon »

Nice suggestion, danceaway. It's been a while since I played my flute (although I had it refurbished only last year). The one thing i'm lacking right now is a decent drummer or drum sample library, which is an absolute must for Body Slam. Any ideas?

Still liking your CD BTW.
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

Matthew Cannon wrote:Nice suggestion, danceaway. It's been a while since I played my flute (although I had it refurbished only last year). The one thing i'm lacking right now is a decent drummer or drum sample library, which is an absolute must for Body Slam. Any ideas?

check out RKO, there's a real cool, funky version of body slam from romeo knight...

cheers ifadeo
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

Matthew Cannon wrote:Nice suggestion, danceaway. It's been a while since I played my flute (although I had it refurbished only last year). The one thing i'm lacking right now is a decent drummer or drum sample library, which is an absolute must for Body Slam. Any ideas?

Pop over to this link and have a listen to these drums !!!.

http://www.propellerheads.se/index.cfm? ... isplaymain

Click on the watch video and hear some amazing drums from Reason drums 2.0 8)

Glad you like my CD
Last edited by Sidman 64 on 11/02/2006 - 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
Dimmignatt
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Dimmignatt »

Those drums ROCKS !!
I haven't been able to use 2.0 yet.. But I have used the first rev a couple of times :lol:
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

They do!
But the drummer is a fag. :)
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

Romeo Knight wrote:They do!
But the drummer is a fag. :)
Yeh :lol:
Matthew Cannon
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Matthew Cannon »

Very nice kit. Just opened a question in the musician's forum...
Liontamer
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Liontamer »

Matthew Cannon wrote:I would like someone to suggest a piece for me to do. Oh, and a date for completion would be useful, otherwise I just won't work hard enough. The pressure helps me - maybe I should consider writing game music again :wink:

Hey Matthew, thanks very much for your participation. Really glad to have one game composer pay tribute to another! The music deadline is April 15th, by the way. I can give some requests myself for what to arrange later if you still need them.