Can newbie make a good rmx? (WIP Lotus 1 Track 4)

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Mike Z

Can newbie make a good rmx? (WIP Lotus 1 Track 4)

Post by Mike Z »

Hello everyone :)

Its my first post ere so i want to say big HI to everyone on an Amiga/C64 music scene. I`ve been listening to remixes since I dicovered Slayradio by an accident around 2007 and since that day I`ve almost stopped listening to any other radios :) I`m a 30yo guy from Poland who wants to say big thanks to all you guys who spend much time making those great pieces of music found on amigaremix and kwed.

But i felt I needed to give something back to the scene and I always wanted to make my own tune. That`s where the hard part started...

I`m not a musician, nor I never stood near a real one. Three months ago black keys on a keyboard were only the extra obstacles for me to get things sound the right way. But I didn`t give up, been improving my tune and since then it seems kinda good enough to show what I made.

It is Lotus Turbo Challenge (first game) Track 4. There are no remixes of it and it`s one of my favourite Lotus tunes so I decided to give it a shot.
Here is a small teaser of my amateur skills, it was made in FL stidio using default samples.

So... can a newbie make a good tune? Any suggestions welcomed :)
If you like it I`ll do some finishing touches and upload the complete verion.

Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Can newbie make a good rmx? (WIP Lotus 1 Track 4)

Post by Commie_User »

Sounds good enough! Sonically evocative of the Amiga and was done just right for such.
Mike Z

Re: Can newbie make a good rmx? (WIP Lotus 1 Track 4)

Post by Mike Z »

Thanks Commie for positive feedback. Since then I was finishing the tune and hopefully it will have its premiere on BBB on Slayradio today. Then will be upladed on the release section.

Edit: finished tune here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_DK3HO3TBY