Pooyan

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
AvaKaty

Pooyan

Post by AvaKaty »

Hey all, a friend of mine said I should post this here. I never owned an Amiga but a Vic 20 and Commodore 64/128. One of my favourite games was Pooyan and I recently felt like recreating the music in my DAW (Ableton Live). I tried to recreate the sound close to that of the original and turn it into a dance track (140 bpm). Anyways... here it is... I was going to do more with it as a Trance track but I'm not convinced it's worth it.. I only have one person to please... me :)

Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Pooyan

Post by Chris Abbott »

It is what it is, a jolly little tune :) I'm not sure what you'd add, frankly...
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Well what does anyone expect, given the source?

It's competent and interesting. With maybe the next step to make a medley of different themes or use some of those romplers I mentioned: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10469

Two medley themes I could suggest are Frak (BBC Micro) or Kong Strikes Back (c64).
AvaKaty

Post by AvaKaty »

Thanks guys... yes it is a jolly little tune and like most game music when you play the game over and over a zillion times the tune gets stuck in your head... even 30 something years later it's still there. Anyway, I had to make it so it would stop bugging me... now back to other things :)