Placid Remedy

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Placid Remedy

Post by omoroca »

Arrgh! My tune "Placid Remedy" has been rejected by RKO. Reason: "Yie Ar Kung Fu subtune 19 is a straight cover of Magnetic Fields part IV, so technically this isn't a C64 remix." Which I don't understand, as there are other remixes of this tune available at RKO, e.g. by Aurasil. :confusion:

However, if you wanna listen, click here:
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
LaLa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Placid Remedy

Post by LaLa »

Aurasil's remix was uploaded 17+ years ago - in fact, back then it was most likely added to RKO "manually" from some other FTP-site. There were no such rules for RKO back then, that's why it's there. Kwed and RKO got smarter about copyright rules since then. :) I'm sure it'll be taken down as soon as Jarre's management complains about it. ;-)
|......|......
|_/\_|_/\_
./~~\/~~\
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

It should have been mentioned in the rejection email that this is about copyright issues rather than discouraging musicians to make covers of a cover. I mean, I knew Yie ar Kung Fu *before* I knew Magnetic Fields Part IV, so to me, Galway is the original.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Nice tune! Not familiar with the original, but this has a nice feeling to it.
Check out my website.
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

You know I'm a big fan of your stuff? So it means a lot from me to read this from you. Thank you!