Should i?

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Re: Should i?

Post by LMan »

eeeew :-(
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

This thread derailed nicely. :D

I’ve had lots of mice in the house and garage this past season, and I’ve come to the conclusion that the classic claptrap (?) is the best allround solution. It’s killed instantly, and you get to remove the corpse. These worked really well for me:
http://www.bayergarden.no/Produkter/s/S ... 1X2PCE-DSN
Maybe a rat would be too big for this trap.

You should do a pastiche of «Rat in mi kitchen» in honor of the rat. :cheers:
Check out my website.
wobbler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by wobbler »

Hah, a dead rat remix? Yeah, well... trying to wipe out the horrendous memories I have of the very very unpleasant visit of the rodent. Regarding traps: I bought 4 normal/classic clap traps (rat-size) of which the rat managed to trick the spring twice. Then, the exterminator installed another five of those traps (none worked). The guy told me that rats are especially clever to recognise the shape of a trap being dangerous (whereas mice are stupid and can be killed over and over via traps like that)

I also bought an electric trap (rat goes inside to eat the good stuff but gets electrocuted by stepping on metal plates): didn't work at all. Another mechanical trap that closes itself as soon as the rat has walked far enough: didn't work either. And finally, a large metal cage-trap that also closes when the rat has walked far enough: wasn't used due to the fats that the rodent ate the poison.

Lesson learned: seal EVERY tiny, tiny hole you ever can see in your house with foam & metal strips. And also, make sure you throw out the household garbage each night (i.e. don't leave cheese, bread and good stuff under the sink…)
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

Looks like you had 'Rambo Rat' there. He didn't go down without a fight.