Dang …

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
wobbler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Dang …

Post by wobbler »

… Ear2Midi on "The Alibi" takes its while to get correct. Just sayin'. :arr:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Dang …

Post by Chris Abbott »

That's your story.

See what I did there?
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
wobbler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by wobbler »

Hm, either I'm too un-fluent in the Ængelseaxisc or just dumb. But perhaps a reference to the title? Nah, perhaps some plain ol' fishing.

Here's a take from within anyway. Just had to learn how to make use of 16T:s,32T:s and 64T:s in Reason. A good thing I guess.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Funk-A.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

What he said.
All is lost.
wobbler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by wobbler »

Guess the A is some sign of approval? The finished version is now on Jan's server, awaiting his own approval. I must say this one was by far the trickiest remix I've tried so far. And yes, there are some tiny timing issues still in the mix, but I decided to let those pass. Interestingly, when I tried to export/bounce the audio from my DAW (Reason), the lead really screwed up and became the most out-of-tune eh … tune. Tried every solution possible (to my knowledge anyway), but had eventually to rip the sound via another app whilst playing back inside Reason. Oh well.
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Funk-A. Funkay. Funky. That's what I understood.
Pretty much what the tune feels like. :clap:
All is lost.
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

wobbler wrote: <span class="hotdate" style="color:#888;">28/04/2018 - 17:45</span> Hm, either I'm too un-fluent in the Ængelseaxisc or just dumb. But perhaps a reference to the title? Nah, perhaps some plain ol' fishing.

Here's a take from within anyway. Just had to learn how to make use of 16T:s,32T:s and 64T:s in Reason. A good thing I guess.
Nice remix. Tripplets is fun to work with, you can make some interresting swinging music with it, also with the use of shuffle :)
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
wobbler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by wobbler »

Thanks Trace. As always, every time I re-listen to an uploaded track I hear stuff that I really ought to have changed, new ideas that should have been tested etc etc. But then again … if I were to await some sort of completeness I would probably still be preparing for my very first r.k.o.-submission :)
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

wobbler wrote: <span class="hotdate" style="color:#888;">03/05/2018 - 7:27</span> Thanks Trace. As always, every time I re-listen to an uploaded track I hear stuff that I really ought to have changed, new ideas that should have been tested etc etc. But then again … if I were to await some sort of completeness I would probably still be preparing for my very first r.k.o.-submission :)
I feel you there :) I have the same "problem" hearing stuff I want to change or add... :)
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

From my perspective - not with music but with drawings - I know that very well. Just adding that little bit there or some shading here... never perfect and just a little change ruins everything.
All is lost.