Help identify C64 song!

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Seanchaoz

Help identify C64 song!

Post by Seanchaoz »

Hey folks, I ran across a youtube C64 music+game compilation, and one particular track really caught my attention.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJZY98Tc7G4&t=4605s[/youtube]

According to the video details it's composed by Peter Clarke and featured in the C64 game "Kinetik". However my every attempt at searching for it only produces songs that are clearly not the same as used in the video, which is just confusing.

Can anyone enlighten me a bit here? Really digging the tune.
LaLa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Help identify C64 song!

Post by LaLa »

|......|......
|_/\_|_/\_
./~~\/~~\
Seanchaoz

Post by Seanchaoz »

Fantastic, thanks a ton!

I was half suspecting it to be by Jeroen Tel, since it kept reminding me of Cybernoid. But wasn't sure if maybe Peter Clarke had just been inspired or whatnot.

Either way, mystery solved!
Leuschke

Post by Leuschke »

This is my rendition of parts of a Commodore 64 song that I can't remember the name of. This is not a very good version of it. I'm pretty sure that the it's not in the right key since some of the notes sound flat but don't work when I shift them higher. The tempo is likely off. And there's only once voice at a time and no fancy effects. But I'm hoping it's close enough for someone to recognize the song before I put in too much more time into fixing this terrible version.

OneVanilla Card
Last edited by Leuschke on 09/06/2021 - 8:29, edited 1 time in total.
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Leuschke wrote: <span class="hotdate" style="color:#888;">07/06/2021 - 9:02</span> This is my rendition of parts of a Commodore 64 song that I can't remember the name of.
I think you forgot the link.