Making SID into a reality...

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Some0nee__

Making SID into a reality...

Post by Some0nee__ »

Hey, I'm new to the Forums.

I was wondering if there are some musicians that play instruments who would like to accompany me making some SID covers, transcribing, transposing, and writing the actual sheet music and performing so we can make some sweet covers !

You can DM me! I really love the enrapturing, yet complex melodies of SID music. Way ahead of it's time. :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Making SID into a reality...

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, the world would always do with more SID cover bands, although Coronavirus and geography make it difficult. There have been quite a few bands already, and even some sheet music. A lot depends on what genre you're in, what your "band" looks like, etc.

You should also google PRESS PLAY ON TAPE, SID 80s and Fastloaders. Sheets exist for the first SID80s set, though it's basically chords and lead and everyone had to improvise. Also, thanks to my mammoth 8-Bit symphony project, there are viable symphonic orchestral scores for a large number of C64 tunes... and there's also been transcriptions to score music here and there on the Net, including by David Youd, a friend of mine. Guitar tabs also exist through FastLoaders for LN Wastelands, LN Wilderness and LN2 Central Park.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Re: Making SID into a reality...

Post by Vosla »

"So... take that shit and make it happen!" ^^
All is lost.