Music production software query

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
sean121

Music production software query

Post by sean121 »

Hi there, I'm just getting back into home recording and music composing and I have been researching DAWs for a Windows 10 64 bit OS.

I really like the Studio One interface, but I am just curious to know if it is possible to download a song from GarageBand in a format that can be edited in Studio One? Is this possible?
riowilliam78

Re: Music production software query

Post by riowilliam78 »

Studio One won’t allow you to open the garageband projects files directly. But the simple method that you can follow is firstly, Export the Garageband song in WAV format and then you can import in Studio One.
Also, I am trying to run Garageband on my friend’s laptop, which unfortunately has windows p.S. Do you know anyway it can be used on Windows?
sean121

Post by sean121 »

Thanks! Is it possible to export a track in WAV format from Garageband? And I think Garageband is for macOS and iOS only. Read this article, this might be of some help.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Is it possible to export a track in WAV format from Garageband?
This video seems to explain how to do this.

If you're still looking for a DAW, I can heartily recommend https://www.reaper.fm/. There's a bit of a learning curve to it, but once you learn it it's fantastic.
Check out my website.