Bullboy Sthlm Commando highscore remix 2021

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Bullboy sthlm

Bullboy Sthlm Commando highscore remix 2021

Post by Bullboy sthlm »

As i had it in my mind from the beginning. A real club mix since we are locked inside. Hand up for u folks that keep the sceen alive!
/Bullboy Sthlm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te0h8ebBgFM
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Bullboy Sthlm Commando highscore remix 2021

Post by Dr.Future »

Hi,

you know that "Commando" is a track by Rob Hubbard and NOT by Martin Galway, do you? Also, it would be nice if you credit the original Artist on your youtube-site. Just fair, don't you think so?
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

@DR.F: I changed the HVSC file from Galways cover to Hubbards original when https://remix.kwed.org/remix/6346 was published, but I missed that it didn't change the composer field as well. It's updated now. Sorry about it passing under the radar.

That said, you'd think knowing that Hubbard did the music for Commando is common knowledge around these parts. :)
Bullboy sthlm

Post by Bullboy sthlm »

Just cant get the hubbard highscore,sid on HVSC to work on the upload sorry for this. And youre absolutly spot on Dr.Future i fix that. The mix is old now anyway since a new arrengement s been done. Sorry Jan for all the trouble. I owe U mate
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

If you search for "Commando high-score" on HVSC.de you'll get Galways cover of Hubbards SID, so I guess that's what you did?

If you use the search on exotica.org.uk's Special:HVSC page instead that will give you a URL that ends in MUSICIANS/H/Hubbard_Rob/Commando.sid. And that's the one you should enter. The high-score is subtune 2, so that should be entered as well. This is explained in on the upload page. You could also have dug out this data on HVSC.de if you had just searched for "Commando".

Also, a title like "bullboy sthlm syndrome mix 2021" isn't very good. Partly because the files are automatically renamed to "<arranger> - <title>.mp3" after upload (in this case "Bullboy - bullboy sthlm syndrome mix 2021.mp3") and partly because there is nothing in that title that tells people that it's a remix based on Commando. Again, this is also explained on the upload page.

Please do yourself a favour and go re-read the RKO upload guidelines before your next submission. They might have changed a bit during your 20-year remix hiatus. :)