Tusker

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Tusker

Post by xo »

Isn't it about time someone did a cool tusker remix? Let me see some hands. :)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

if my memory serves me correct.. typing tusker into your rko would bring up 2 tusker remix's

one by feekazoid and one by the sadly missed (by me especially dunno about the rest of ya) bart klepka.

both are absolutely excellent.

check em out.
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

Infamous wrote:if my memory serves me correct.. typing tusker into your rko would bring up 2 tusker remix's
one by feekazoid and one by the sadly missed (by me especially dunno about the rest of ya) bart klepka.
both are absolutely excellent.

yep, i like them too... :wink:

cheers ifadeo
Last edited by ifadeo on 23/02/2004 - 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

I have them both, along with the rest of RKO. My favourite Feekzoid mix is Platoon, not too fond of this style. Bart's I like better. But I think this classic deserves more work. Not at the scale of Last Ninja of course, but at least two more tries, not even close to "remixed to death". :) Anyway, just a suggestion.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

BTW where is bart klepka ? Did he simply quit ? Got a lot of his remixes.
All is lost.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

if you check out barts website you'll see he's very much still active just not doing c64 remix's... his hitman remix in particular tickles my ivories :-)
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

bart is all over the internet but all info i have seen is quite old.
http://bart.overclocked.org/
was updated last year. :?
All is lost.
Felix.

Tusker Tune 2

Post by Felix. »

The Desert Tune from Tusker hasn't been remixed yet! I think it is a time to try to remix this tune. It is a great material for a fast dance track in my opinion. What do You think?
Ben Daglish The best SID creator
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

I think I'd like a Mike Oldfield-style epic remake of Tusker. Are you up for it? :) Well given a choice I'd like either a thorough medium-size medley going from slow ambient into a more rhythmic/dance-like mode with cool instrumentation, or, I'd like individual subsongs remixed with cool instrumentation and perfect ambient sound in the spirit of the original. :) The first tune is best I think, parts of the others are also great. This tune has potential.

I think that Larsec and Markus Schneider would do a good job of remixing the first tune (which I guess is the same as subtune 1?), because their style matches it. As for some of the other subtunes I love Gecko Yamori's work. But thats just to pick "stereotypes" that might be suitable remixers according to my taste...
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

Which is the track that sounds similar to the Sewers of "Last Ninja 2"? Is it subtune 3? Thats my favourite. I'd like to hear a hard and fast electronica version of that. I think Bart did a good job with it, but it needs to be even harsher. His version was slightly too smooth for my tastes, not as menacing as it should be.

Don't know, I think I fancy having a shot at that. Not exactly practical to my style of making music, but worth a try someday.
Great, another set of strings ruined...
hoomish
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by hoomish »

A bit off topic I know, but...

Are you working on any remixes at the mo Maindrian - I love your stuff! :)
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

Got a "Wrath of the Demon" subtune 3 remix coming soon. Maybe. I'm still having trouble deciding if its worth releasing yet. That kind of thing. I've got a huge list of sids I want to get started on too, most likely is "Agresso-Hubbard" by Tonka.
Great, another set of strings ruined...