Driller

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
exo
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Driller

Post by exo »

Driller could use a good remix, in the style of the Delta Space Grind remix by Gustav Taxen.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Re: Driller remix

Post by merman »

I feel the remix on the Back in Time 2 CD is hard to beat - nice industrial percussion, and all of the tune is covered.

Perhaps someone could have a go at "Dark Side" or "Total Eclipse"?
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

I am remixing Dark Side right now actually although it probably won't be in the same style of Taxen's 'Delta'... It will probably end up much more dark and either harder or softer... I am not sure exactly where it's going right now :)
<--- I went that way --->
exo
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Driller

Post by exo »

I guess I don't have that remix; I do have a couple of them but one is quite electronic yet covers little of the song and the other is quite orchestral yet uses not that good instruments - it sounds good but could be done better, its close to the XG prototype remix subgenre. I think Gustav's remix of Delta has a cool style that might be useful in such an electronic remix, however an orchestral one could be equally good and more in line with the spirit of the original, so I guess I might order the CD.

Wrt. Total Eclipse - I'd forgotten about that although I did play it a lot :) .. the song was pretty good if I remember right, so a remix of that would be cool. And of course, somewhat in that genre, Castle master.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Re: Driller

Post by merman »

exo wrote:Total Eclipse - I'd forgotten about that although I did play it a lot :) .. the song was pretty good if I remember right, so a remix of that would be cool. And of course, somewhat in that genre, Castle master.
Dark Side and Driller had the best music IMO, but Total Eclipse had a great sense of atmosphere - playing off the "Indiana Jones" films.

So, are you going to release a Freescape CD?
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Markus Schneider »

From which one do you speak ?

\Beben_Wally\Total_Eclipse.sid
\Crabtree_Ian\Total_Eclipse.sid
\DEMOS\Total_Eclipse.sid
Markus
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Markus Schneider »

Ahhh, i see ! Dark Side is also in Hagar's directory ...
Markus
exo
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by exo »

merman wrote:
exo wrote:Total Eclipse - I'd forgotten about that although I did play it a lot :) .. the song was pretty good if I remember right, so a remix of that would be cool. And of course, somewhat in that genre, Castle master.
Dark Side and Driller had the best music IMO, but Total Eclipse had a great sense of atmosphere - playing off the "Indiana Jones" films.

So, are you going to release a Freescape CD?
I do not remix, less so do I release CDs; I may remix one of the legendary SIDs in the future though; the community has given so much, so. :)
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

I know it's a reply to a really old thread but I'm in the process of remixing Wally's Total Eclipse been chipping away at it since May 2014. I have the instruments and the ideas, I'm just transcribing the music but it's slow going as I have other projects that keep cropping up. Hopefully it will see a release sometime this year....The question is do I release it on the Amiga remix site or the RKO site?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Why not both?
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

The STIL doesn't mention whether one version came before the other, so for all we know Wally Beben did both at the same time.

I concur with Chris - no problem in submitting to both AR and RKO. :)
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

Thanks for the info will do that.

:nod:
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

*Update*
Work on the remix has now resumed and all is going as planned. It's a long one though - clocking in at nearly 10 minutes.
Will probably submit a version to RKO and an extended mix for Amiga Remix.
Later
MD