PROJECT:HUBBARD

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

No Auf Wiedersehen Monty #1? Rob did the title (mostly) and Ben did the ingame stuff, right?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

No, Ben did most of the melody and Rob did most of the structure... (according to Ben).

Chris
FromWithin
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by FromWithin »

A question....what are they being recorded from? The reason I ask is because I think the filter on the C64 he used was a bit weedy. Through reSID, the filter is too severe. Through my HardSID card (although with the filter being a bit weedy - the filter cutoff doesn't go down low enough), they sound much, much better.

Lightforce and Star Paws are the two main tunes off the top of my head that are affected by this.

Hopefully, the SID you use will match the original one.
Mike Clarke
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

They will be mostly recorded from my own original breadbin C64 - but I'll make sure I get the best possible sounding recording for each track by using a variety of C64's and SID chips. I actually had to re-do Lightforce in order to get a better lead - and I still need to redo Skate or Die to increase the volume of the SID (I thought the samples were a bit loud!)

Martin's C128D might also be brought into use for some of Robs stuff - simply because I think it would be kinda neat having Martin Galway's SID chip playing Rob Hubbard tracks. :)

And some of the PROJECT:HUBBARD tracks will be performed by Mr Hubbard himself. :)
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Schlicky
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Coolio

Post by Schlicky »

This all sounds fantastic - how far are you from project completion ?
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Gotta have - Must have .
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

It's on hold until Rob is able to participate to the degree needed for it to be a proper "Project: Hubbard". Probably it will be ready for next year's Retro Expo.

Chris