Adventure Construction Set

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
betelzeus
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Adventure Construction Set

Post by betelzeus »

I haven't really been around too much lately , was too busy losing my sanity hahah ... just kidding ... well sorta ... and thinking about life , the universe and everything in my moments of clarity ... which just happens to drive me insane at times hahah , but hey what ya gonna do ... can't win'em all i guess lol .... not sure what the heck I'm talking about hah ... anyways

I was browsing some sids the other day and I came upon Adventure Cons. Set ... under Warhol_Dave/Adventure_Cons_Set.sid in the HVSC

Anyway ... subtune 2 reminds me of something but i can't pinpoint it , does anyone know if that song is in another game? or some place else? or emm ... something

Chris
Follower of none ; Aspiring Master of one.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

This sounds like a tune from of SSI's line of products but with a slightly changed melody. As there are "Curse of the Azure Bonds" and "Pool of Radiance" SIDs in the same Folder, I guess Dave was inspired by a related song of those Fighting Fantasy Games. Wild guess. :roll:

Addendum:
Had a quick walk through all SSI-games and related games I own and I did not found any evidence.
All is lost.
bluefugue
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by bluefugue »

Subtune 2 is the "sci fi" theme from ACS. Cool piece of music. I don't know if it resembles any of Dave's other work. It has a nice sound though, sort of Bach-esque arpeggios. (Reminds me a little of the Well Tempered Clavier preludes in C Major and c minor.)

I thought about remixing it in the past, it has a really nice feel. Not very long before it wraps, though. But then that never stopped anyone from remixing Parallax Subtune 4. :)

One of my favorite Warhol pieces is the opening suite from Heart of Africa (subtune 1). It deserves remixing IMO. I would love to see Glyn Brown, for instance, take a crack at that. A full on orchestral Indiana Jones-style treatment would be great. :)
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

bluefugue wrote:(...)One of my favorite Warhol pieces is the opening suite from Heart of Africa (subtune 1). It deserves remixing IMO. I would love to see Glyn Brown, for instance, take a crack at that. A full on orchestral Indiana Jones-style treatment would be great. :)
AMEN!
All is lost.
bluefugue
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by bluefugue »

So who will accept the challenge? :D I'd do it myself but I don't have the chops, or the soundfonts.

Here's another idea: a Heart of Africa/Pitfall II medley in full John Williams style! :shock: