If i dont get this done i am going to explode violently.....

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

If i dont get this done i am going to explode violently.....

Post by Infamous »

:evil: :evil: akkkkkkk! grrrrrrrrrrrr and loads of other noises to express my total and utter disdain for buzz right now!!!

ahem.......

Actually wanted to ask you lovely people if anyone here knew where i could get some nice clanging noises (industrial machinery etc),
i've looked everywere and all i can ever find is that bleeding whirring noise used by many a demo musician back in the good ol days of mr amiga and thats just not good enough im afraid.

Im attempting to remix snares subtune (5) and ive got all the basics done but its about as atmospheric as a turd in a box.

So if u know of any decent breeeeeeeeeeeeee kching.....krrrrrrrrrrr.....noises etc
please please please i beg u wearing my begging hat of beggers to let me know so i can get it finished and start living a life of seminal normality once more.

thanx :D :D :D :)
Im not strange......im just different
Hille
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Hille »

That's a tough one... :o
You got a portable minidisc recorder or DAT?? Then grab a hammer and go visit your local abandonned factory or the likes. That's how I got myself 10 CD's worth of sounds. They're all unsorted, though, and I usually just sample when I need it. I'll see if I can help you out - if you remember to credit me.

What noises do you have in mind? Metal scourring against metal. Hammering on metal? Glass shattering? What?
Thus spake Thomas Hillebrandt
<A href="http://computer.thomashillebrandt.com">...</A><A href="http://www.thomashillebrandt.com">www.thomashillebrandt.com</A><A href="http://computer.thomashillebrandt.com">...</A><BR>
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Just ask Marcel: he's a world leader in clangy noises, especially the Jarre variety.

And 2Klang ought to have some "Klang" noises :wink:
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

Chris Abbott wrote:Just ask Marcel: he's a world leader in clangy noises, especially the Jarre variety.

And 2Klang ought to have some "Klang" noises :wink:
yes, that's right... 'Kling', 'Boing' 'Tschak' noises are sold out... :wink:

btw. the demo of orion pro fet. some nice clangy sounds

cheers 2Klang
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

Or try the AKAI-CD"Industrial Dance" by EastWest (the sample producers) if you want to buy something.
putzi
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Marcel Donné »

Here's what worked for me:

Go into your kitchen and bring every kitchen implement to your living room, or move whatever recording device you have into the kitchen and start hitting, scraping and tapping using pans, whisk, fish slice, ladles, cutlerie and whatever else you can find.

Record everything and then get creative in a sound editor of your choice. Try layering sounds, pitch transposing, change formants and reversing sounds. It will take some time but it's great fun to DIY your own samples :)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

definetly metal on metal, grinding noises, deep far away clangs n so forth, Im afraid i aint got that much in the way of proffesional equipment, but i got a damn good imagination and 1 year of music college behind me (didnt learn much music......but boy did i learn biology n the human form......AHEM..... :wink: )
I may well try M's idea though.......got many a kitchen implement i could whack on (hmmmm bet u could get arrested in some countries for "whacking" with kitchen impliments.....) .....

If u can help hille then of course credit will fly where credit is due and i will forever be indept to you and your noises of "clang"

anyway cheers for helping guys.....if ever u feel the need to get someone to go mental with a 303 give me a call im a master with me knobs........
I want to die like my grandad did...peacefully and in my sleep.....not like the passengers in his car
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

on a different note and whilst im here is it me or does tune 3 in mayhem in monster land sound uncannily like the theme tune to tiny toons?

Why is milk white when the grass the cows eat is green?

and wigs?..........why?

so many questions........no straight jacket big enough....
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity
Location: Lund, Sweden. Fav colour: White. Fav remix: PPOT Comic

Post by Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson »

Hille wrote:...Then grab a hammer and go visit your local abandonned factory or the likes...
That's 100% correct. And it's fun to hit things! Kaktus and I did that some 10 years ago to get samples for our noisetracker modules. And just knowing _how_ all these samples were created made the songwriting and tracking much more enjoyable. And afterwards, you could tell anyone asking that you did it all yourself. A hammer on a roof on a bicycle parking is a good start! No need to use extreme hi-tech equipment, just watch out for the wind, which can ruin any outdoor recording.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Infamous, the title tune from Mayhem IS inspired by the Tiny Toons theme tune, but not 100% accurate. I think it suits the game.

Industrial stuff? How about the samples in Ricochet by Ample Hamble (Rob Hubbard)?
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live