Quality filter

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Michael
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Off topic but it might help you out: system optimization

Post by Michael »

honorabili wrote:It is a program that allows you to optimize windoze almost as if it were a real OS like one once called AmigaOS or even Linux.
Performance based comparison of Linux and Microsoft Windows is not that easy. It is far beyond the scope of this thread and message board.
LMan wrote:People who are not familiar with the story should know that Honorabili's mixes consisted of nothing more than a SID put through Sid2midi, mapped to an instrument and that was it.
That must have been an evaluation version then. To my knowledge, Honorabili has not been (and is not) a registered user. And while using an unregistered copy does not forbid using it for any piece of music that gets released to the public, it would be extremely bad practise to release music based on sid2midi output without editing a lot. With the exception of all those sids where the 0.17 engine of sid2midi does a great job in producing MIDI files which are suitable for web pages or handy tones. Replacing the default instruments and calling the result a "remix" would be bad practise and no advertisement for the idea behind sid2midi. I know some people enjoy spending hours on playing and experimenting with sid2midi files without ever releasing any of those attempts. But that is just a side-effect of most computer systems shipping wavetable onboard sound chip sets and with MIDI software like Cakewalk or similar which make it easy to get creative. On AMIGA, I think it was similar with the availability of Soundtracker and successors, when you could load a module and experiment with changed samples, dropped channels, or added percussions.
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Re: System

Post by ifadeo »

honorabili wrote:
Anyways, about that song, there are 19 different instruments being played simultaneously and reaching a PEAK of 100+ different channels being used concurrently. YES, it is wise at that point to only run as well applications as possible when playing that song.

- H
f**k, i must be deaf... do you really used 19 different intruments to make the 'Faery Tale'
remix ??? i can hear only one or two instruments, the others must be muted.... :wink:

cheers 2Klang
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

honorabili wrote: http://www.xteq.com/
Didn't know that, seems pretty cool.

I agree with system optimization, but i have to say i have a pretty plain windows xp installation, only tweaked a little with TweakXP.

That's because, it never happened i was lacking resources with my "quiet" XP 1700. The project more demanding i've ver done has been the PPoT remix, that took about 60% of my processor time (loads of effects and vsti). That's it.
the main "virus" that I find in every machine I ever see.
The real virus is windows.

cheers.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

Michael wrote: That must have been an evaluation version then. To my knowledge, Honorabili has not been (and is not) a registered user.
btw, there is some guy with an email-address from Hungary who has asked me 2 times in the past if he could "borrow" my SID2MIDI-key. He got my address from RKO or something, he wrote. Anyone else reported this?
putzi
Michael
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Michael »

Yes, this was reported multiple times and was also a topic in the old Remix64 message boards, IIRC. Provided that it was the same person, he got his registration sponsored by OJ Oscillation. Don't know more about it.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

hehehe yeah its even easier to change amiga tracks.......just change the instruments.......weyhey new tune lol
not that im saying you have done that cos I aint gone to listen yet.
but ill say a few things, i remember going through RKO before i was actually remixing tunes myself and listening to some of the exellent artists here like makke and kent walden, dhs, glyn, soundwavers etc etc the list goes on and i listened to one of your tunes...think it was robocop done samuria or something like that, and i just kinda gave up.....sorry
everyone else just sounded better than you.

BUT hey

different time different place, maybe its all different now and alice wont fall down the rabbit hole, the rat wont go and visit mole and i wont talk such utter nonsence...............
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Honorabili, you're our hero. I'm so sorry we didn't recognise you for the musical and technical genious you are. Oh yes, and you are SO enthusiastic and dedicated, as you always claim. And as someone stated during a discussion we had last year.

Funny, nobody ever said about me that I was dedicated or enthusiastic about the scene, except maybe Neil and Jan. Could this be because of your ability to throw around carefully worded self promotion? Like, ignore everything that's said and throw in some tips about optimising Windows - and Tadaa, you're the star again? Well, I guess propably it's just because you're the honorable remix rebel, and we're just the dorks.

By the way, Honorabili, you did admit at some time that you even used other people's midi files as templates for your remixes, too. Of course, that's all forgotten now, right? Come on, throw in some distractions again. Hey you know, you would make a great politician! They do the same thing all the time!

Why not proove your point for a change? Publish your Fairy Tale source files, so everyone can see how you mangificently employed 135956 different instruments in 9069841396839 polyphonic channels to create something that sounds worse than the SID. Of course that's not going to happen, right?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Yeah

Post by Chris Abbott »

I'd also like to give Markus a huge pat on the back for the amazing coding behind R64: the fact that no one thinks about it is a testament to its success :)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Re: Fighting

Post by Makke »

Actually I shouldn't do this but I can't help myself...
honorabili wrote:If you want to see how much of a lamer and a midi/sid ripper I am, check out my hired guns remix.
...and what a refreshing, inovative and wonderful remix it was...
honorabili wrote:I know, that's right. No midis or sids exist of it.
Nope, but there's a MOD.
honorabili wrote:We'll see who makes the false accusations after I keep coming out with more and more amiga stuff which nobody ever did before.
A couple of points:
1. False accusations? You did use other peoples MIDI-files in your productions. You said that yourself. So how come the accusation of you using other peoples MIDI-files are false? Then again, true and false doesn't enter into your world now does it? Seeing as you're still going on about being banned from the community when you clearly are not. You claim we oppress and ban people. Who's the one throwing false accusations around, huh?

2. Just because you didn't "rip" stuff for your latest choon doesn't justify your previous actions. That's like a murderer walking past another person and saying "Hey! I didn't kill that guy! So I'm clearly not a murderer!"
honorabili wrote:Time will tell but in the meantime, just leave me alone, okay?
Only time will tell what? I'll leave you alone as soon as you start making sense. But as long as you keep contradicting yourself, throwing lies around and keep saying WE are the ones lying and picking fights, you'll be the fool and I'm very short tempered with fools.
hoomish
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by hoomish »

Don't want to antagonise anyone further, but as for MOD files... there used to be a MOD2MIDI program for converting a MOD file... :roll:
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

ACHTUNG, ACHTUNG !!!

Post by ifadeo »

there is great tool out to convert sid, mod & everything you need
to a midi file.... it's the brillant:

'Ear2Midi Converter'

and the best is, it's for free...... :wink:

i used it a lot and i must say: it works...

cheers 2Klang
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

I'm with 2Klang... It's really brilliant tool... I use nothing else for conversion :)
<--- I went that way --->
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

WAS GIBTS DENN?

Post by putzi »

Is there an EAR2MIDI VST plug-in available for Cubase?
putzi
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

another nice tool...

Post by ifadeo »

for ppl who doesen't have a 'ear2midi' converter....

http://www.intelliscore.net/

IntelliScore WAV to MIDI, MP3 to MIDI, CD to MIDI converter transcribes prerecorded polyphonic music. Compose MIDI music by singing or playing your instrument into a microphone.

why not try to hum a sidtune... it could be funny....

cheers 2Klang