Oldschool

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Oldschool

Post by Tonka »

DHS wrote:At the times i had, between the others, two Juno 106 but i would have killed to have an alpha juno :-)
I had 2 Alpha Juno 1's. :P

But don't be jealous - they were actually pretty characterless and dull sounding. Nice that they were MIDIfied and all, but I could get much cooler sounds out of my D110!

I had an SH101 back then too, which was oodles of fun but fairly useless without a CV to MIDI. The BEST sounding synth of the lot was my SH09 - such a round and bouncy sounding synth! Aaaaaahhhh.

Best bread and butter analogue synth was my Cheetah MS6, which is currently on it's way to a pro studio in Russia... :cry:
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Tonka wrote:I had 2 Alpha Juno 1's. :P

But don't be jealous - they were actually pretty characterless and dull sounding. Nice that they were MIDIfied and all, but I could get much cooler sounds out of my D110!
Well, at the times i was looking for hoovers ;)
Had a D110 but used it only a few times.
Tonka wrote:I had an SH101 back then too, which was oodles of fun but fairly useless without a CV to MIDI.
Lately i'm using a lot this little bastard:
(Powercore01, very accurate sh101 emu).

It's a little wild beast and need to be tamed but it gives you a lot of satisfactions. :)
Tonka wrote:Best bread and butter analogue synth was my Cheetah MS6, which is currently on it's way to a pro studio in Russia... :cry:
NJoy had one, i played with it a little buf failed to impress me. :/
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Metal

Post by Metal »

Talking about oldskool... in 1992 I had just sold my Amiga 500, which I had a really love/hate relationship with. And in the spring of 1992 I got my first pc - a pricy 386/33Mhz.. and an overpriced Soundblaster 2 soundcard... great pc for the adlib-stuff I did... and my equipment besides that was an old Dantax radio as amp, some noname speakers and a cheaper than cheap Hohner keyboard. Talk about oldskool minimal setups ;)
metal // vibrants
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Funnily enough I don't have a picture of my studio in the past... just nwver took any :roll:

Quite a bit of gear has been through my studio over the years... in fact so much I cannot remember it anymore...

but here is a try:

Korg Z1
Korg DSS-1
Korg DS-8
Korg EX-8000
Korg 707
Korg Wavestation SR
Korg Pad Control
Yamaha VL-70m
Yamaha TX81Z
Yamaha FB01
Yamaha EX5R
Yamaha TX7
Yamaha TX802
Yamaha FS1R
Yamaha TG77
Yamaha FX500
Yamaha SY-35
Waldorf Rack Attack
Waldorf Micro Q
Waldorf Micro Q Omega
Waldorf Microwave XT
Waldorf Microwave 2
Waldorf Microwave
Waldorf Pulse
Emu Proteus 2000
Emu X-Treme Lead
Emu Morpheus
Emu E4K
Emu E5000 Ultra
Emu E6400 Ultra
Emu XBoard61
TC Electronic M-One
TC Electronic D-Two
TC Electronic Triple-C (mono)
Clavia Nord Micro Modular
Emagic AMT-8
Emagic Unitor-8
Jomox MBase01
Behringer DDX3216
Behringer RX1602
Mackie LM-3204
Mackie 1642 VLZ3
Lexicon MPX-100
Lexicon MX200
Roland MKS-50
Roland D550
Roland S-760
Oberheim Matrix-1000
Elektron SID Station
Elektron Machinedrum SP1 classic
Doepfer MS-404
Novation Supernova
Novation A-Station
Novation Drumstation
Novation Super Bassstation
Ensoniq ESQ-1
Electro Harmonix Smallstone Phaser
Droid-3
MIDI Box SID V2
Control Synthesis Deep Base 9
Access Virus B
Casio VL-10
Creamware Minimax
Alesis Micron

I've probably forgotten something as well... all has not been in the studio at once of course... and yes, I believe I've lost more money on reselling and buying agin than I have for in value at the moment... :?

Hopefuly I'm about to reach the end, settling with a comfortable studio containing 16 synthesizers and a drumbox.
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).