New gear to my "studio"

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
o2
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

New gear to my "studio"

Post by o2 »

Now there is no excuses to not learn how to play guitar :)

If anyone got some advices, please let me now.

Cheers
o2
All ET's arent nice!!
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Gibson Les Paul.. Hmmm I dont think I've ever heard of it.... :twisted:

Good Purchase mate!!! :)

Now start learning. :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Although I'm not the Paula type of player (I don't like the short measure neck, I got big hands), the Gibsons are always a good choice.
If anyone got some advices, please let me now.
Do you have a guitar player you adore? (I mean: his playing :) )
o2
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by o2 »

Romeo: Hmmm, not that i know off... :)

Another thing im wondering, what do you suggest for effects, i mean.. Line6 POD.

Or maybe Native instruments Guitar rig 2 Producer pack.

Ive also see another package with a hardware soundcard with effect pedals as software, kinda like Guitar rig2. But i cant remember what its called atm.

Cheers
o2
All ET's arent nice!!
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

hm, i'm not a guitar hero like eike but i use at work 'WAVES GTR'....

http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=1843

...but i know that eike use the NI Guitar Rig, i think it's a matter of taste...

btw. nice les paul, it's a great guitar!!!

cheers
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Good luck with the learning O2 :)

I've never been a guitar player myself... though my dad did play the guitar, mouth harmonica and sung..... funilly I do none of that :roll:

I'd surely like to play such a thing as a guitar though.... but I'd rather be playing a MIDI guitar, so that I can get the expression on synth sounds :D .... A wind controller like th Yamaha WX series is also on my list...
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

@o2:Yeah, my recommendation for producing would be Guitar Rig 2 although I definitely would not recommand any NI hardware - it looks good but is of mediocre quality
(e.g. the drivers of Kore never really worked on most systems - really miserable for a brand like NI)
But since you're starting to learn guitar you should also go for a real amp for practicing purposes, to get to know how a real guitar tone behaves, feels and feedbacks when used with distortion for example. No software is capable yet to simulate this and IMO it's essential to get the right feel for playing the electrical guitar. Guitar Rig is good in imitating the sound of an amp but not the feel of the system guitar/amp/speaker which influences the playing a lot.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Now heres a thing.. Guitarists who you adore.. Unfortunately i go with technical rather than awe inspiring. Thats why i loved Mike Oldfield's style. It's a rare breed these days. Folk as is mike's origin plays the guitar in a very different way than many where as he plucks at each note rather than the more conventional way, it's a rare technique these days but what you get is a crisp clean sound. Mike, although recognised as a great guitarist never actually (very often) gets the plaudits he deserves.

Have you ever watched how make plays the guitar? it's something to behold. how he uses his fingers forwards and backwards at the same time is a joy to to watch. The bloke is a genious!