Help Request : Need a Lead Guitarist (not forming a band)

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Help Request : Need a Lead Guitarist (not forming a band)

Post by Matrix »

So yeah, here's what i'm going to do, but I need your help.

I'm going to take some classic game and demo themes from 64 and amiga, and slam them into Guitar Hero 2 on PS2. I figure since this is largely a musical community we should have no problems using our own peoples tracks, and or having a guitarist listen to a tune and generate a midi file to match it.

The ultimate goal for this is to have our own community version of guitar hero to play at events :)

I can easily do the techy stuff, but I neither have permission to copy/use peoples tracks, or own a midi guitar, even less the skills to play it.

I reckon this can be LOADS of fun. It's great listening to the Outrun themes, or Delta, or SPEEDBALL (expert level - oh yes), but how about actually playing the stuff - heck, might even make for a stage based tournament sometime !!

We have the resources, we have the brains and we have the media ... so who's up for this !! ?? :cheers:
sumppi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: Help Request : Need a Lead Guitarist (not forming a band)

Post by sumppi »

I have the MIDI guitar (though not the adapter for it yet...) and some tracks but I'm a bit suspicious about the legal and technical parts in general :)

Given that many don't even seem to have modded PS2 and distributing the end result would be more illegal than using some remixes without permission the whole thing would be pretty irrelevant in the end... as for something like Frets On Fire, well, that's a whole different story.

Anyway, good luck with the effort and all that :)

Sumppi
o2
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by o2 »

If i remember correctly, a friend of mine got the Guitar hero guitar working with Frets on Fire.

//o2
All ET's arent nice!!
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Understood, another fine idea hits he fan... but it's not for the want of trying. It's because i'd have to rip into the GH program itself to make this work isnt it.... ok, no problem, I understand. I'll source help elsewhere - thanks anyway guys. :|
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

It's not about distributing it, just a fun thing to do for events like Retrovision - playing a tune that means something to the crowd. Imagine - Hey Hey 16K on Guitar Hero.

Anyway, a thought struck me - Press Play on Tape released some MIDIs, wonder how closely they match up to the album tracks?
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Too true, HeyHey would be AWESOME.... still doing it, just, won't be able to use it here is all at BIT events. A guarenteed jobber for RV's though - be a right laugh :)