Alien Breed II Movietheme Preview

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
trackah123
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Alien Breed II Movietheme Preview

Post by trackah123 »

Hi Guys.

As already posted on some sites i post it here also.

I'm creating a new remix from Alien Breed II Main Menu Theme. I'm trying to make it really orchestral/movie like. This is still unfinished but its already about 2 minutes long. As soon as i completely finished it im going to upload it on http://www.amigaremix.com

Hope you like it a bit. Its pretty hard to make orchestral music on a computer

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AR48QBKE
http://rapidshare.com/files/98046546/AB2-Remix.zip.html

Let me know what you guys think of it so far.

==========================
offtopic but...
@DaXX.

Man i love your music, you have the same music-style as me, when i heard you paranoimia song i went crazy :duh: I cannot make it in the sound-quality as you do, maybe you use some hardware-units like compressor/exciters etc to pump the dynamics up :confusion:
I only use Software-stuff with VST(i)'s.

You should release something on CD or organize some parties with your music :mrgreen:
daXX
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: Alien Breed II Movietheme Preview

Post by daXX »

hey trackah :)

I just use ableton live 7 and vsti + some of my million multisamples i have in my archive. :D
Thanks for your nice words. i'll try to remix more soon for C64 too... :)

You said i should release music official. I allready do :)

you can find a complete list and some other free songs here:

http://chris_crusher.myownmusic.de

Thanks for your support :)

cheers,
daxx

ps: I love your Alien Breed II Demo :) Finish it soon and keep up that good work ! :)
trackah123
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by trackah123 »

Cool, maybe i need to try that Ableton also. right now i use Renoise (http://www.renoise.com) its a tracker with VST(i) support, i am licensed user of that since it only costs 50 euro's. problem is that it does not sound so good with alot of tracks enabled, sometimes it sounds overcrowded with the frequencies and dynamics or some tracks fades away (too soft). The Akai Quadcomp VST/Mackie Finalmix VST's makes it sounds a bit better, but no matter how much i use those and tweak the volumes in Renoise its very hard to get it right.

Composing is very very easy in Renoise but not the mastering.
daXX
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by daXX »

hmm... renoise is'nt bad at all...

You should'nt try to master your songs in your sequencer.
Sometimes it's better to export the Song on -1db and master it with wavelab with some effects like:

EQ (to work out some frequencies)...
Stereo Expander (35% maximum)...
Peak Master (for a mastering limiter... you can set up the volume without overdrive, if you use it smart)...

This 3 Effects are standart VST in Wavelab :)

and if i'm informed right, you can use this VST in renoise too ;) just give it a try.
trackah123
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by trackah123 »

Ok thanks :) i will give it a try.

As a sample editor i normally use Adobe Audition 3.0 (Former name was Syntrillium's Cool Edit Pro). But never really tried Wavelab and others like SoundForge etc.

All these effects are in Renoise as well except for the last one, but audition 3.0 has something like that called "Hard Limiting"
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Amok »

Can u add a link to a non-zipped file, please? I prefer to dont download the tracks on my hd...
trackah123
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by trackah123 »

I'm sorry, i don't have this song streamed or anything. this is the only way.
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Amok »

you could upload the unzipped .mp3-File... :)
trackah123
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by trackah123 »

http://rapidshare.com/files/108529235/A ... x.mp3.html

This link should work then? i reupped it non-zipped. not sure it will stream tho.
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Amok »

sure it works. i just open it and dont save the file.

BTT: Very impressive soundscape. And this is done with renoise? Amazing!!! I think its time to switch to renoise and to forget about the madtracker... ;)
trackah123
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by trackah123 »

Lol yes forget madtracker or any other trackers.

Renoise is simply the best tracker, i bought it since version 1.0 .. basically before it was arguru's Noisetrekker 2. Which at that time was very good (back then you had impulse tracker and fasttracker 2)

I found renoise to be the best when i did a trackertest myself on http://www.maz-sound.de (i tested like 100 trackers or something).. And renoise for me was clearly the winner.

If you are used to tracker-like programs then Renoise is the best.. But most people dont understand Renoise at all because they arent used to trackers but more to pianorolls and horizontal sequencers like Propellerheads Reason has.. and personally i dont understand anything of reason / fruityloops and all that kind of programs. lol no wonder because i started on the amiga 500 with GMC (Game Music Creator) and after that Cryptoburners Protracker 3.15. I'm a real tracker-person.

The only disadvantage for me is the mastering process, but that could be related to myself because i dont know really on how to master. Most of the time i use the Mackie Finalmix vst plugin or Akai Quadcomp / Izotope Ozone compressors for the mastering.. but its very hard.

Composing is the best tho, its very fast and easy to use once you can manage it properly.

btw this is how a created alien breed II song.
First i ripped out the original song of the game, and converted it with perverter to .MOD file, this was done on WinUAE Emulator. (Amiga emulator).
After that i could load the entire song into Renoise since it supports Amiga MOD Files, After that i started to change the 8-bit amiga instruments/samples to orchestral VST(i) instruments and some of the already existing notes on the patterns. I used alot of VST and VST(i) stuff + DSP Effects to make it sound like this and its very hard to make it sound so good.
daXX
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by daXX »

trackah123 wrote:Ok thanks :) i will give it a try.

As a sample editor i normally use Adobe Audition 3.0 (Former name was Syntrillium's Cool Edit Pro). But never really tried Wavelab and others like SoundForge etc.

All these effects are in Renoise as well except for the last one, but audition 3.0 has something like that called "Hard Limiting"
yeah .. that hard limiter is good too... but i prefer the Peak Master because i can use it in my ableton :-)
trackah123
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by trackah123 »

Thanks DaXX, let me know if you have any more mastering tips.
And looking forward to your next Amiga-remixes.