Jereon Tel - Hotrod

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Jereon Tel - Hotrod

Post by skitz »

This is my first attempt at remixing one of Joreon Tel's SIDs and also the first one which has more than just drums in Channel 4 :)

I am not sure where to go with this one but thought it was crying out for a remix and so far it's just a REFIX (i.e. one to one clone) of the original SID using different instrumentation.

Click Here to Download.

I'm really looking for some feedback on this one as I am at a complete loss on whether I should keep it as a simple REFIX and simply upload it to RKO or spend some more time and actually remix it into a different sytle. The question is, what style would it work in?

Comments?
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
kjetiln
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Jereon Tel - Hotrod

Post by kjetiln »

Awesome work!
I really don't think it's neccessary to change the style. This one works perfect. I would however work on the piano, either record it manualy or change the velocity manually as it comes out a little stiff and dull. And some parts would probably sound better with another instrument, but that is maybe just my opinion.
Ic3m4n
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Jereon Tel - Hotrod

Post by Ic3m4n »

Nice choice ! I had this SID also on my To-Do-List ;) But btt: like Kjetiln said, a change of the style is not needed here...also the arrangement sounds good as it is now.
Just tweak the instruments and add some tiny little 'twinkles' here and there...and voila: finish :D