I'm back... with a bunch of WIPS...

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

I'm back... with a bunch of WIPS...

Post by Larsec »

OK, so I decided it was time to do some music again. I have a million WIPs lying around and I am having a hard time to decide what to work on. So I am gonna post some of those WIPs in this thread and you can help me to decide what I should start working on as the first. There are both remixes and original tunes but I don't really care where I start as long as I get started. My problem is that I can't make a decision to save my life and I need a push... So please state your opinion on which track you think I should pick up as the first one. Your opinion and input is deeply appreciated...

THE REMIXES

Audio Man (Urban Flight)
A medley of the tracks from an Agemixer SID-file. I would like to do some narration on this one as well as some more singing. Maybe cut some of the intro since it seems a bit long and add a bit more to the end...
-
Auf Wiedersehen Monty
Classic SID. I have no idea where this one is going exactly or even if it works. I had an idea to combine it with Monty on the Run and call it "The Full Monty Suite"... I think that's funny...
-
Commando (Bouncy Experimentation)
Another classic SID. The title kinda explains the whole thing. I want this one to continue to build in some way. It's an experiment in form and arrangement...
-
Dark Side (Temptation)
This is one track that is probably never gonna make it on to RKO, I am planning to have samples from the entire Star Wars saga go on thorughout the track and I don't that's copyright friendly. The track will follow the original Wally Beben SID so it's probably not gonna be under 10 minutes once finished...
-
Desert Sun
A remix of the Desert Sun track off the PC and consol game Hitman 2: Silent Assassin soundtrack by Jesper Kyd. Not much to say really. I would like the track to build a bir more, become more complex, with more instruments joining in...
-
Face Another Day II
An Amiga remix, initially started because Skitz suggested it. Not exactly sure how to continue with this one either...
-
Lead Guitar Test (Sweet)
This was originally started as a test to see what could be done with a programmed lead guitar using samples rather than an actaully played guitar. The Sweet thig found it's way inthere and I have always somehow wanted to build on that, although there are some good Sweet mixes outthere, including one much in the style I wanted to do...
-
Neclord
From the PSX game Suikoden. I think this sounds very Jarre-ish and I wanted to continue like that but I am having some trouble determening the exact sound and beat of the drums...
-
Second World (Kaos)
Two Markus Schneider SIDs mixed together. I like the way this one is building. The vocals are temporary ;)
-
Spellbound (Call from Within)
Classic Hubbard. I want there to be some narration in the beginning and further into the track. Maybe have some more dynamics to it as well...
-
Theme of a Moonlit Night
Another track from the PSX game Suikoden. I want to do more arrangments with a more symphonic instruments... and Hanna Kappelin has already promised to provide the singing for this track :)
-
Trap
Ben Daglish goodness. I want some big taiku drum work for this introbut I haven't been able to find proper samples yet. I am not sure where to take it from where this WIP ends...
-
Wairfair (Conquest of Chaos)
An unknown SID that's just awesome. I want to just continue what is already going on in this one. It's a very short SID so I might have to get creative about that...
-
Warhawk (Turbulent Tide)
More Hubbard classicness... I think this one is kinda thin as it is now... and maybe a bit short but I don't know...
-
Wrath of the Demon
Another SID I am not sure where to take from here. I like what's there so far though but what direction to take at the end of this WIP I don't know...
-

THE ORIGINALS

Black Angel
I actually lost the work files for this track due to a laptop crash but it should be fairly easy to recreate it. I want some whispering and narration going on in this one as well as a build up, becoming more haunting...
-
Dark
I have no idea where to take this one from here or whether to add singing or what. I just know I like it...
-
Dark Days (Dirtier)
I have already written lyrics for this one. It is meant as a "regular" song and might seem a bit boring to listen to because it repeats itself a lot...
-
Fusion
This track is very much like an intro. I can't decide whether to keep it that way and end it or have a long track where this is just the beginning...
-
Gathering of Souls
This is meant as background music for a movie or whatever. I would like to add more varation after the point where it ends here...
-
<--- I went that way --->
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Re: I'm back... with a bunch of WIPS...

Post by Max Levin »

LASSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Hej! :D
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

Hej Max :)
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Hej Lars. Din commando er fed! Thumbs up!
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Welcome back Lars :D
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Webby, ol' viking! :D
All is lost.
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

beyond wrote:Hej Lars. Din commando er fed! Thumbs up!
Mange tak, beyond :)
trace wrote:Welcome back Lars :D
Vosla wrote:Webby, ol' viking! :D
Thank you both :)
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

I don't know what beyond said, but it looks like "go for finishing Commando" or something.
I'd vote for that, too. :)
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

I wish the commando one would follow the SID more closely.
Very cool, otherwise.
Check out my website.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Wow, lots WIP goodness... welcome back Larsec, I'll have a listen through these today perhaps...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Monty »

welcome back, larsec!! :dancing:
what happened to the little pet that was always sitting on your head?
you know which track i'm voting for...i am patiently waiting for it for so many years now... :duh:
i hope the force is strong with you...
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Well he'll have to go some way... I think your version Monty of that particular track (assuming it's the same one you're mentioning) is the best out there.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Tracks which were IMHO especially cool : Dark Days, Fusion & Trap. Good stuff! :D
All is lost.
Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Monty »

Mayhem wrote:Well he'll have to go some way... I think your version Monty of that particular track (assuming it's the same one you're mentioning) is the best out there.
lol, because it's the only one, but thanks :D
Peacemaker
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Peacemaker »

hello larsec :] nice work so far ;)

btw. have been in denmark this summer. didnt see you ;)