Searching for ...

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Wavedancer
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Searching for ...

Post by Wavedancer »

Hi there :)

I'm searching for a very cool sample from the Amiga Modules but in high quality. I mean the ST-09: rtype1 String or I better know as typeans(ch?)lag string.
You can hear it in the Rise Up module from Romeo Knight or in much different modules, but I hope you know which one I mean. Perhaps anyone can say me where I can get it in high quality or perhaps hidden in a VSTi :roll:
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Re: Searching for ...

Post by Romeo Knight »

You could try to ask Chris Huelsbeck where he sampled it from (if he remembers), I guess it was a preset from a popular synth of that time (when he created R-Type).
Wavedancer
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Wavedancer »

Thanks for the tip. He said it was from the Korg M1 Synthesizer. There's a VST of it today. I tested it, but it seems there's no preset.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Is he sure it's from an M1?

Maybe he could be mistaken and that it's in reality from a Korg Wavestation. This is also made as a VSTi instrument i believe... The Wavestation is legendary so maybe...
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Wavedancer
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Wavedancer »

I don't know if he's sure, I only know, I need this sound :) ... Somebody could say me, if it is a preset in the VST or do I have to make the sound by myself?
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Wavedancer wrote:I don't know if he's sure, I only know, I need this sound :) ... Somebody could say me, if it is a preset in the VST or do I have to make the sound by myself?
If he said it was from the M1, it probably is... but it's probably from another soundset than the factory one... If you search for some free patches for the M1 on the internet, you migh be lucky to find it in there somewhere (there is almost always free patches to be found on sites dedicated to hardware synths).

You may find links here: www.synthzone.com

Just look under KORG, and find some sites dedicated to the M1... I'm certain there are many as this keyboard was pretty darn popular, and still is to this date... never had one myself though.
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Wavedancer
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Wavedancer »

Ok, I found the right VST ... but, does somebody know how I have to configure the sounds right to get the preset for the r-type string aka typeanslag?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Wavedancer wrote:Ok, I found the right VST ... but, does somebody know how I have to configure the sounds right to get the preset for the r-type string aka typeanslag?
What is the VST?
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Wavedancer
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Wavedancer »

It should be the Korg Legacy Digital where the M1 is included.