I'm Back :) and Question for Mahoney.

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

I'm Back :) and Question for Mahoney.

Post by Analog-X64 »

Been away for a long time, Wife was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer so been busy dealing with that and taking care of her, she is on the road to recovery.

I've probably missed a ton of stuff here. I finaly ordered and got my Remi64 CD :)

Looking forward to communicating with everyone again.

Question for Mahoney.

How was the Vocoder Voice achieved on Boulder Dash (Commodore 69 Remix)?

Its exactly what i would like to be able to achieve, its very much kraftwerkish sounding. However I've never been able to even come close to making a Vocoded voice sound like that. :)

Any tips would be appreciated.

Regards,

AX
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Welcome back mate. I'm sorry to hear of your problems, and i am sure i speak for everyone in wishing your wife a speedy recovery.

ps. Hope you enjoy the CD mate
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Re: I'm Back :) and Question for Mahoney.

Post by Makke »

Analog-X wrote:Its exactly what i would like to be able to achieve, its very much kraftwerkish sounding.
I guess it's kind of Krafwerky, but I think it sounds more like Cylob's "Cut the midrange, drop the base". :)

Good to have you back, and hope your wife gets well soon!
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity
Location: Lund, Sweden. Fav colour: White. Fav remix: PPOT Comic

Re: I'm Back :) and Question for Mahoney.

Post by Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson »

Analog-X wrote:How was the Vocoder Voice achieved on Boulder Dash (Commodore 69 Remix)?
Well, there's a nifty little program called "Virtual Singer", I think it's somewhere around version 2.1 now. Together with any of the programs "Harmony assistant" or "Melody assistant" (I think, can't remember clearly here, out in the middle of nowhere where I am right now).

These are _not_ good programs. Some of the worst score-editing programs I've seen. But, with the virtual singer plugin, I found another toy for creating music! So please, go ahead and try it, maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't.

And, well, then I added a stereo effect (I think it was Waves' S1 stereo imager) for the two "synthetic voice" channels, panning them slowly.

Good luck, Analog-X! Give your wife a good-old wet kiss, that's a great way of recovering! :D
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Thanks.

Post by Analog-X64 »

Thanks for the Kind words and Welcoming me back it is much appreciated. I'll forward your well wishes to my wife, she'll appreciate them :)

Before all this happened I was planning in getting back into recording, but everything got pushed aside for the past 3-4 Months. Now things are slowly returning to some level of normalisy (is that word? :) ) I think I might dust off the old synth equipment and do some recording. In the mean time I'm just messing around with ACID 3.0 and "Arkanoid".

Mahoney: Thanks for the info it is much appreciated, I will try your suggestions and see what I can come up with :)

Its good to be back :D

AX