Crown (Take Me Away)

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Crown (Take Me Away)

Post by Mordi »

I once again run Kate Lesing through the monotone-machine to get this:
http://mordi.ziphoid.com/data/music/wor ... 0Away).mp3
It's your standard run-of-the-mill summer-hit teen-unz top-of-the-pops pop. Started it about 12 hours ago, so it's not very polished, but I don't plan on improving it much.
Check out my website.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Crown (Take Me Away)

Post by Mayhem »

But I think you should work on it... has promise. Crown is one of my more unknown favourites in the remix circle. How would a version sound with no vocals, or minimal vocals by comparison? I think that one might be a bigger winner here...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
nummer2
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by nummer2 »

I dont know the sid but i like this melody very much. Nice how you inserted some sid sounds in. I always like this. Hmm, with the singing i really dont know. In most of your mixes its great but this Mix would also work without it or with less i think. All in all great job. :)

I give 7 of 10 Points :cheers:
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

It's grown on me with a few more listens... just needs some better contrast balancing (sometimes either the vocals drown out the melody, or vice versa) and perhaps a little less vocoding and use of vocals overall. The positioning use of the "Take Me Away" line is good, it fits in with the track I think.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

I changed my headphones, and now it sounds much better balanced. Technology huh? The vocals in the second chorus could do with a tiny bit of volume increase but aside from that it seems pretty good. I still say work on it some more if you wish because I'm starting to enjoy this track now :)
irwin

Post by irwin »

Beautiful song! reminds me Ace of Base music in some way. Great job, more this stuff :worship:
Utopia - tracks: utopia ingame1 and utopia ingame2 - best amiga music - imho ;)
Anyone? please... no more Turrican Greath Bath ;)
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I like it with the vocals. but wouldn't mind hearing a instrumental version as well.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Check out my website.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

I like most of the changes made there. I do miss the second instance of the verse however, and the bassline is a little less thumpy and loud; I think it helped disguise some of the audio artefacts caused by the vocoding during the sections after the chorus (indeed that is still clearly heard during the "do you wanna play?" lines at the end of the song, but I figure there's little you can do on that).

Any chance of seeing the lyrics btw? :)