Cyrus (intro tune) WIP

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
manganoid
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Cyrus (intro tune) WIP

Post by manganoid »

HI
Abnother mix by me. This time it's a tune by Thomas Detert and one of my all-time favourites. First time I heard this score I was 10 and, at the time, I loved (and still do love) electronic music (especially Spacesynth, or ItaloDisco as we called it back then) and I was amased by it's technical performance, as well as by it's tune. Later, I discovered that the main bassline was "borrowed" from Laserdance's "Humanoid Invasion" and since Thomas is obviously a fan of LaserDance (Blue Angel 69) this only seemed natural. Anyhow, I decided to make a remix of this tune and I hope you like it. My main goal was to make it sound like a Spacesynth tune and to add something different. It's still a WIP so please let me know what U think. Hope you'll enjoy as much as i did while making it.

the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mrlu4wln4do

Greetz to all

P.S
Can anyone tell me where did Thomas take the theme for the in-game song from? (It's song number 3 in the SID file)