My first c64 remix.... So far

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
buzzard
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

My first c64 remix.... So far

Post by buzzard »

Hi all,
Since I discovered the site, I've pretty much listened to nothing else but c64 and Amiga remixes for the past couple of years.

I used to dabble a fair bit with Octamed in the Amiga days (about 15 years have passed since I last wrote anything musical) and after being forced into PC ownership, I looked at Cubase and a couple of other packages and realised that my attention span was roughly that of a single celled organism - thus preventing me from continuing.

However, as MED is now available for the PC with VST support, I thought I'd give it a go and see what came out.

I still listen to the original SID version of R-type and thought I'd see what I could do to update it - here's what I've come up with so far.

And remember.... I'm new, so be gentle :D

http://www.re-volutionmedia.com/R-Type_ ... t_Mix).mp3
nummer2
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: My first c64 remix.... So far

Post by nummer2 »

This is really nice and an interesting approach. Very nice beginning later on its not that good some instruments dont fit. Thumbs up for your first remix. :)
buzzard
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: My first c64 remix.... So far

Post by buzzard »

Thanks for the feedback - I listened to it in the car a few times and noticed this also.
I tried to keep the instrument for the base line close to the original too, but it can barely be heard.

I shall do some tweaking over the next few days.