Remix Fail!

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
buzzard
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Remix Fail!

Post by buzzard »

I've finally completed my Jesus on E's Amiga remix after porting it into Renoise and rewriting half the tracks, then applying the effects and spending every day for a week on mixdown, trying to get the volumes right.

I've just come to submit the song to Amigaremix, when I noticed this little bit of useful information:
•Submit your remix in MP3 (Stereo / 128kbps / 44kHz zor better]) format. Maximum filesize is 20MB.
I appear to have been slightly over-ambitious on this occassion as I remixed the whole of Jesus On E's, exactly in the sequence it was originally done (16 streamed mod files I think) which has resulted in a 45 minute mix and a file size 3 times the maximum.

I do hope they make an exception for me :oops:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: Remix Fail!

Post by Analog-X64 »

So are you going to host it somewhere so we can have a listen? :D
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
buzzard
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by buzzard »

Well here it is:
Jesus On E's Remix
(streaming)
http://www.re-volutionmedia.com/JonEsRenoise.mp3

and to download (rename without .file extension (saves me uploading twice)
Download and rename without '.file'
http://www.re-volutionmedia.com/JonEsRenoise.mp3.file

Incidentally, you can see the original it's full 1992 glory here:
The original Amiga Demo
http://videosift.com/video/Jesus-On-Es- ... mo-Classic

The vocals are all resampled from their original source (many hours searching through my 90's cd collection), The majority of the drums are from the Nexus DnB kit with a couple of sampled loops and almost all the instruments have been recreated as close to the originals with a few new ones thrown in for a more modern sound.
Originally wrote in MEDSound Studio and then ported into to Renoise through ModPlug player (which was a nightmare to do as it screws up all the instruments and song data, but saved rewriting the whole 16 modules!)
vurtX
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by vurtX »

Excellent job on finishing this buzzard, the easy way to get this uploaded within the 20mb limit is split it into 3 parts and lower the bitrate slighty or maybe make it Variable Bit Rate.
spoonwzd

Post by spoonwzd »

Nice work and slightly epic. :)

You even mixed the end screen mod too!

Keep it up!

Graham / SpoonWizard / Echo/LSD
yelever

Post by yelever »

Been trying to do this myself but trying to ID the tracks and samples has been a nightmare. Maybe one day LOL