New User and first remix.. Opinions appreciated

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

New User and first remix.. Opinions appreciated

Post by AndyUK »

Hey Guys, I've been lurking around for a while now listening to all the quality remixes produced by people here, and managed to grab myself a M-audio Keystudio off Kijiji a while back. One thing led to another and I've sort of knocked off my first decent , i hope, cover . Putting it in the WIP section as it's not really a full tune and the quality leaves a lot to be desired compared to others who produce stuff here.. But for me.. it's enough for a start.

Its called London Goes commando ( minute mix ), and covers Reyns really nice tune London Demo.. It's a bit rough and ready, I'm using soundfonts and free Vst's but any advice would be more than appreciated.. damn he makes it look so easy.. :D

Not entirely sure if the link is going to work, rogers has godawful webspace access, so I had to use googles documents to upload it to..

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw2tcwtE ... load&hl=en

All the best guys, ..

Andy
manganoid
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: New User and first remix.. Opinions appreciated

Post by manganoid »

Nice retro feel, maybe someone would find richer instruments to fit better, but nevertheless, I like the synthies raw and old-school.
Keep up the good work
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: New User and first remix.. Opinions appreciated

Post by AndyUK »

Thanks Pal.. The finished version is in the release section.. Played about with the volume a bit, added the missing part of the london tune, and that's about it.. Keeping calm and carrying on. :)