What is this C64 tune?

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

What is this C64 tune?

Post by Razmo »

I need some help... I've been playing a bit for fun today, and ended up with a melody line that I'm almost certain I've heard on the C64, but I cannot remember what it was called, or by whom. It's not the whole melody line, just some of it, and especially the first half of the melody.

I'd like to find out what C64 tune this is from, as I think it might have some potential...
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Re: What is this C64 tune?

Post by Dumper »

Sounds a little bit like Suicide Express.
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

It's a common theme. Everyone's heard it somewhere.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Suicide Express... that's the one!... thank you very much, and yes, it's a common one, which was why I believe I'd heard it somewhere on the C64.... I actualy played it by mistake, cause it's not a piece I've been practicing before... funny when your subconcious suddenly pick a forgotten tune like that to the front...

Think I'll have a go at this one... gotta get my HardSID 4U dusted off again to hear the original...
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

We've all been there - wanting to bash something out new but the brain insists on doing an old song anyway.

Happened to me today when I really wanted to work at improving an old idea. But when I idly doodled onto my DAW's piano roll instead, just to test some VSTi, I had a marvellous new idea.

Just goes to show.