Wow Its December.

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Wow Its December.

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Analog-X64 wrote:I as well want to move all my domains from godaddy... I'll have to research a better alternative. I have one domain name registered with hover.com I might go back to them.
Godaddy managed to muck up the contact information for kwed.org when it was transferred over to them back in 2006, and I never managed to sort it out, since they never alerted me about it[1]. Which meant that the privacy-registration couldn't lift, resulting in the domain being unable to transfer. So the domain is currently in a 60-days transfer-limbo, at which point it will be moved over to Hover post-haste. Nothing but great experience with Hovers customer support so I'm glad I went with them. On the other hand, I wrote godaddy three times in an attempt to sort things out, and got different and increasingly unhelpful replies each time. :(

[1] Ironically, godaddy often sent me e-mails alerting me to the fact that I hadn't filled out their customer survey. Of course, that's clearly more important to them than informing customers about issues directly relevant to the services they're providing.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: Wow Its December.

Post by Analog-X64 »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote: Godaddy managed to muck up the contact information for kwed.org when it was transferred over to them back in 2006, and I never managed to sort it out, since they never alerted me about it[1]. Which meant that the privacy-registration couldn't lift, resulting in the domain being unable to transfer. So the domain is currently in a 60-days transfer-limbo, at which point it will be moved over to Hover post-haste. Nothing but great experience with Hovers customer support so I'm glad I went with them. On the other hand, I wrote godaddy three times in an attempt to sort things out, and got different and increasingly unhelpful replies each time. :(

[1] Ironically, godaddy often sent me e-mails alerting me to the fact that I hadn't filled out their customer survey. Of course, that's clearly more important to them than informing customers about issues directly relevant to the services they're providing.
Godaddys user interface is horrific and it has been getting worse over time, where as on hover.com its clean interface and right to the point. I think I'm going to call hover.com's 1-800 number and user their concierge service to move all my domains to them.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120