Retrograde remixes

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Martijn

Retrograde remixes

Post by Martijn »

Hi,

Is there anybody out there that's willing do to a Retrograde remix? There's not a single remix of this awesome music by Steve Rowlands on remix.kwed.org!

My absolute favorite is the second song of the SID.. http://hammurabi.acc.umu.se/mirror/medi ... 6581R4.mp3

But the third song of the SID file is fantastic too! http://caesar.acc.umu.se/mirror/media/O ... 6581R4.mp3

So please please please somebody do some Retrograde remixes!

Thanks,
Martijn
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: Retrograde remixes

Post by Analog-X64 »

The third song is a good candidate for DubStep :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

Bwaaaaarrp Waabbb wabbb Wub Wub Wub wub.... :w00t:
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

I concur. More Retrograde remixes, please. Also, having read the "Creature Feature" diaries in Zzap/Commodore Format I have an inkling that Steve Rowlands would approve of them being done as dubstep.

This looks like a job for Infamous. :D
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Track #2 was the loading theme, #3 is the title music. I played Retrograde enough at the time to know this off by heart heh. And I agree, a remix of either would be great.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Mayhem wrote:Track #2 was the loading theme, #3 is the title music.
Indeed it is, of course. I actually quite like some of the end of level themes too, might be worth incorporating into a longer remix somehow. Especially #11 and #15, I just really like those.

And whilst we're on the subject of Steve Rowlands, some of these really do deserve treatment too:

Up The Bass (/MUSICIANS/R/Rowlands_Steve/Music_Select_1.sid subtune #3)
Apex Beats and/or the dub mix (/MUSICIANS/R/Rowlands_Steve/Music_Select_2.sid subtunes #6 and #7)
Creatures 2 game complete music (/MUSICIANS/R/Rowlands_Steve/Creatures_2.sid #18)
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Hillsman

Post by Hillsman »

For me, Steve Rowlands is one of the more under-rated C64 composers. His tunes were consistently excellent, funky and appropriate. Half the reason I completed Retrograde, Creatures & Cyberdyne Warrior multiple times was simply to listen to his stomping tracks!! It is a pity that he is largely overlooked on RKO - his tracks are rarely mentioned on the Sunday Service either......which is a shame considering the 64 times that we get a Hubbard remix on each show.