Fred Grey's Mutants (remix)

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Fred Grey's Mutants (remix)

Post by Razmo »

Finished... it's been submitted to RKO now.... it's out of my hands :)

Funny thing is, I actually used every single piece of synth equipment I've got on this one, exept for two: Ensoniq ESQ-m and sammichSID... the only two with ties to the creator of the SID... hehe... naughty me :duh:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

Well if the updated link you gave is anything to go by the final version will sound great!!.. ( loved the change in rythm in the middle of that WIP, gotta say ) ............. counting the minutes now..... counting... hehe ..
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

AndyUK wrote:Well if the updated link you gave is anything to go by the final version will sound great!!.. ( loved the change in rythm in the middle of that WIP, gotta say ) ............. counting the minutes now..... counting... hehe ..
It has been EQ'ed and leveled a bit, and an ending has been added... otherwise it's about the same as in the updated link. It lasts more then 5 minutes, so had to put an end to it, or it would be too trivial to listen to :)

As always, I'm not 100% satisfied, but I guess I never will be anyway, so I have to draw a line somewhere... that's my biggest problem when it comes to making music... I get very quickly bored with a project, so things has to be sketched out pretty quickly, or they end up on the "never finished" shelf.

Problem is, that I enjoy performing, but actualy hate programming arrangements.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

This track sounds great while driving. I had it looping a few times this morning while driving to work. :cheers:
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Analog-X64 wrote:This track sounds great while driving. I had it looping a few times this morning while driving to work. :cheers:
Thank you Analog X64 :)

Still though, as can be read in my comments of the track, I am not fully happy with this... I'll most likely come up with another version of it later :wink:
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Another thing is, that I found out that the bubbly sequence in the beginning is not correctly made (even though it's very hard to hear). It's the sound itself that is not correct.

I sampled that sequence and magnified it a lot to see how it was made, and the trick with this sound is that it has a very fast arpeggiated "swoop" in the beginning. It start at the fundamental pitch for about 50ms, then it goes abruptly up a fifth for about 100ms, and then back down to the fundamental. The waveform is a simple triangle waveform, and the overall sound has a bit of vibrato. The sequence itself is made up of two instances of the sound playing together with different sequences. I made the recreated patch on a Matrix-1000, but it did not have any means to make these abrupt switches exept once with an envelope delay... so my version start a fifth up, and then goes to the fundamental. The difference IS hearable, but not much.

This made me wonder... do I have another synth that can do this? ... and lo and behold... NONE of my pro gear can do this.... only ONE synth has the capability... the sammichSID :D ... this I find a little funny to be honest... another reason to never sell my sammich :)