Sending Emails to listeners.

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Sending Emails to listeners.

Post by Doddsy »

A question to all you remixers.

Do you send emails to people who comment on your tracks thanking them or not if they haven't liked your track?
I have sent emails to people who take the trouble to leave a nice comment. I have been tempted on a few occasions to defend my art and send replys on comments that I feel are a bit unfair but mostly I try and respect comments made after all not everyone likes certain styles.
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Sending Emails to listeners.

Post by Commie_User »

Actual email-wise, if one or two send me mails then I reply with thanks. The last was Seth Sternberger and that cheered me up no end. Thankfully, there were no mails in complaint. Youtube and Facebook is where any of my stuff can actually be commented on. Folks just tend not to say anything and move on if they don't like it.

Others are trolls, dicks or whatever. Though I do ask for them by using music as political video soundtracks. Some comments I reply to when defending or thanking, most are left alone. A bit of wit can often go down very well, especially when I can, like, totally take down some dude before blocking him.
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

I don't send email to ppl who have commented on my tracks.
I DO reply back if a person have sent me a personal email about a track he like to say thanks :D
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I reply back on my soundcloud, youtube.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Only reply if they've private messaged/sent a mail etc.. dont bother with the comments good or bad.. just take them on board and carry on.
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Marcel Donné »

Infamous wrote:Only reply if they've private messaged/sent a mail etc.. dont bother with the comments good or bad.. just take them on board and carry on.

What Infy said :wink: