Cracktro Tune in Street Gang (C64) wanted

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Fuzzzydiz3

Cracktro Tune in Street Gang (C64) wanted

Post by Fuzzzydiz3 »

Hello everybody.

A long time ago I knew the name of the game where the Rasterbar-Intro/Cracktro music of the Game "Street Gang" were from.

Due to OUT OF MEMORY error in my brain I cant remember it :duh:

Does somebody know and IF, is there a remix here on Remix.Kwed.Org?

Thanx a lot.

Joe
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Cracktro Tune in Street Gang (C64) wanted

Post by Commie_User »

I never had the OUT OF MEMORY error, except when word processing. And even then I followed advice in the manual and split up long documents into sections.

Looks like the early '80s designers were right - 64K is more than enough!
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Commie_User wrote:I never had the OUT OF MEMORY error, except when word processing. And even then I followed advice in the manual and split up long documents into sections.

Looks like the early '80s designers were right - 64K is more than enough!
Look Commie, I understand your fascination with all things hardware, but the guy is trying to identify a tune. Don't derail him.

@Fuzzy: Do you remember the name of the group that released the cracked version? Maybe it's one of the three listed over on CSDb: http://noname.c64.org/csdb/search/?sour ... treet+gang
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Fuzzzydiz3 wrote: A long time ago I knew the name of the game where the Rasterbar-Intro/Cracktro music of the Game "Street Gang" were from.
Due to OUT OF MEMORY error in my brain I cant remember it :duh:
Checking all the cracked versions on CSDB, the HVSC paths to the original C64 SIDs are as follows:

MCA (Magic Cracking Association) crack - /MUSICIANS/H/Hubbard_Rob/Monty_on_the_Run.sid tune #3 (high score tune - crack however plays it completely out of synch)
RSI (Red Sector Inc) crack - /MUSICIANS/H/Hubbard_Rob/Zoids.sid tune #1
The Council of Three crack - /MUSICIANS/W/Winterberg_Michael/Yek_Mata_Dance_v2.sid

The latter has a raster bar in it, which might have been the one you're after. Failing that, if you know the cracking group involved as Jan said, we may be able to track it down.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Look Commie, I understand your fascination with all things hardware, but the guy is trying to identify a tune. Don't derail him.
I wonder where that came from. If anybody's going to be confused by a conversational aside then he's best not to take any notice.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

A quick google search does mention the Redsector one, and it also has raster bars, though looks like the cracktro used an actual 'RSI intro' here . Here's a link to a screen grab of that one, ring any bells :

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=32048

Waz wrote:Checking all the cracked versions on CSDB, the HVSC paths to the original C64 SIDs are as follows:

MCA (Magic Cracking Association) crack - /MUSICIANS/H/Hubbard_Rob/Monty_on_the_Run.sid tune #3 (high score tune - crack however plays it completely out of synch)
RSI (Red Sector Inc) crack - /MUSICIANS/H/Hubbard_Rob/Zoids.sid tune #1
The Council of Three crack - /MUSICIANS/W/Winterberg_Michael/Yek_Mata_Dance_v2.sid

The latter has a raster bar in it, which might have been the one you're after. Failing that, if you know the cracking group involved as Jan said, we may be able to track it down.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

@Fuzzzydiz3:

As recommended you can grab the intros and SID files from the CSDB Links provided in this thread and if you have the latest version of VLC Player it can play .SID Files.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120