How long on average to make a remix?

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: How long on average to make a remix?

Post by Marcel Donné »

Doddsy wrote:A remix in 20minutes eh? Looks like you could do with one of these. Or even the hardware version that Vangelis uses!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDZUUOKu ... ure=relmfu
Just be patient. There's software based on the Zyklus MIDI Performance System coming our way but I have no ETA yet :)

The YouTube video you posted was made by Bert (bronswerk) who has been in touch with one of the makers of Zyklus (Bill Marshall) and he is working in Max/MSP to specifications drawn up by Bill a few years ago.

Marcel
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Marcel Donné wrote:
Doddsy wrote:A remix in 20minutes eh? Looks like you could do with one of these. Or even the hardware version that Vangelis uses!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDZUUOKu ... ure=relmfu
Just be patient. There's software based on the Zyklus MIDI Performance System coming our way but I have no ETA yet :)

The YouTube video you posted was made by Bert (bronswerk) who has been in touch with one of the makers of Zyklus (Bill Marshall) and he is working in Max/MSP to specifications drawn up by Bill a few years ago.

Marcel
Don't people use Abelton Live for this purpose already?
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Mano-
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Mano- »

It can take all from 10-40+ hours spread out on sereval months. I almost never make something in just some days cuz I usually get bored (or get stuck) and start on something new. And when Im almost done, the mixing and final tweeks takes quite a lot of time also. But personally I dont have a problem with 20 projects at the same time, I cant stay focused anyway since I do a lot of other stuff.