Going back and remixing a 'Remix'.. Thoughts??

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Going back and remixing a 'Remix'.. Thoughts??

Post by AndyUK »

Okay, bottom line on this one is I'm kinda disappointed how my Frontpage tune turned out a few months back. All the comments were merited and I basically ballsed it up. But, I still think that arrangement has merit, if fixed, and just want to throw it past you guys to see what you guys think to me going back and 'remixing' that remix and dropping basically Version 2 on Kwed?

Part of me feels it's kinda cheeky but, with more than a few fixes and embellishments it's niggling me that the tune got 'lost'. I dunno, it's just buggin' me!! :slap:

What do you guys think?? Ever felt you could now do a past tune Merit 'now' with all the extra time/experience in your software of choice. .?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Going back and remixing a 'Remix'.. Thoughts??

Post by Chris Abbott »

If you want to, go for it. I've got multiple versions of the same Slow Poison Zoids remix on RKO.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

You've got my support on this... I say go 4 it :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

AndyUK wrote:What do you guys think?? Ever felt you could now do a past tune Merit 'now' with all the extra time/experience in your software of choice. .?
Nothing wrong with going back and revisiting past work. Go for it.

As long as you don't submit a new version with a minor tweak every other day, of course. That would probably make myself & the jury go "Make up your mind already!" :D