Missing in action Turbo Esprit sid

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Missing in action Turbo Esprit sid

Post by Doddsy »

Hi all,

From a previous post I said that I wanted to have a go at remixing some ZX Speccy tunes well I've come across Turbo Esprit published by Durrell Software. Remembering the tune from my youth I thought I'd give it a go and remix it for the Overclocked site. I'm going for a Jan Hammer style tune since the game is obviously inspired by Miami Vice.

I know that there is a C64 game (LEMON64 site has it)and the tune is the same so I'd like to submit it for RKO sometime but there is no sid dump for it.
How come? Was the game that bad that every one has forgotten about it or has the author denied it's distribution for some reason?
Any thoughts on this?
Cheers.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Missing in action Turbo Esprit sid

Post by Chris Abbott »

Probably just "missing in action", or you should be checking a newer version of HVSC?
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

Too bad it's missing in action.
I'm adding the finishing touches to my Turbo Esprit remix which can be heard here. Will probably submit it to Overclocked as they currently have no ZX Spectrum remixes up at the moment.

Enjoy.

Crusin' Downtown (Turbo Esprit Theme Lo Fi Preview)

Last edited by Doddsy on 26/07/2013 - 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Get in touch with the HVSC crew and request them to rip the tune.

I'd give it a go myself, but it's been AGES since I ripped a tune last. These days I'm probably not even able to remember how the Action Replay monitor works. :)
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote: I'd give it a go myself, but it's been AGES since I ripped a tune last. These days I'm probably not even able to remember how the Action Replay monitor works. :)
I could only find a .TAP copy of the game, I could probably attempt a rip with memory freezing techniques and such, but honestly would probably take me a month to get back into the groove to do it.

And besides, I think you guys would much prefer I start work on my next C64 remix :duh:
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:Get in touch with the HVSC crew and request them to rip the tune.

I'd give it a go myself, but it's been AGES since I ripped a tune last. These days I'm probably not even able to remember how the Action Replay monitor works. :)
I've emailed HVSC so he's hoping the sid will be available for remixes over at RKO! :D
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

Those friendly guys over at HVSC have ripped the sid (Ian CooG thanks!) and are awaiting some info such as who composed it and how many sid tunes there are? Any answers to those questions greatly appreciated! 8)

I'm sure once they have the info expect to see it in the next HVSC collection.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

That is amazing!!!
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120