Synthwave

For those who want to post remixes from other platforms or show off their original work. Post them here!
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Synthwave

Post by TNT »

After listening to "Retrowave" for years now I thought I could try to make some stuff by myself, so I did. And it's a lot of fun creating this kind of music. It's very easy to produce in my opinion, very simple (simple beats, simple melodies), but the result is always cool if you ask me. Turns your mood into happy. Here are two of my first bunch of tracks. Let me know what you think.

Made in a couple of hours. :)
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Synthwave

Post by Dr.Future »

Amazing!
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Niiiice.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

Thanks guys! I guess it means something when veterans in music say it's good. :)
And it's good to know that you can create something in 4-5 hours which sounds not too bad.

I made another one 2 days ago, here it is:

Not really sure if the bass is too intense, but according to the feedback so far there's no way to turn the bass down.
I think it's ok. If I would turn the volume or lower frequency down it would be too low. What do you think?
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Even a veteran of trolling gives you a thumbs up. ^^
I don't think you need to dull the bass. Just had an idea to add some faint sweeping synth (maybe even some synth wind noises here and there) in the background to fill the soundscape but this is crisp and clear, dunno it would work. Interesting work, nice reminder of the days of Miami Vice. Def' a thumbs up.
All is lost.
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

Danke, lieber "veteran of trolling"! ;)
Yes, I think you're right, so I left the bass and moved on to the next track. :)
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Takes off into a catchy tune after the intro. And it's easy to picture cars on a city highway at night, zipping past street lights while there are the city lights in the background - like in the last track Night Drive. Nicely done.
All is lost.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

This is some great stuff there, mate!
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

Thanks, man! :)

There's some more stuff right here:

And as a ninja I wanted to create some "ninja music" in Sythwave, but I'm not sure about the result. Should I make an intro (with wind and stuff like this), a sequence and maybe an outro? I decided not to do so because I don't want the track to become too long and I think it's not bad, even if there could be more "punch". What do you think? Still WIP and need more work, or at least ok?
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

I'm struggling making a remix, so I continued making my own stuff. In case of Synthwave as follows:

LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Whoa you've been busy! Gotta love the 80s vibes, "Beast" totally sounds Depeche Mode.
This is quite awesome mate
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

Thanks! Yes, I try my best being busy in music, but I can only be creative between my work, sports and some gaming. Time's too short! :wink:
Pakz
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Pakz »

I discovered Synthwave when I started watching Dr.Disrespect on twitch a couple of years ago. I bought a album of Lueur Verte called 'stranger things'I think it was. There was a song during a stream I really liked and it was his. I'm trying to learn synthwave myself now also.

I listened to the songs in the last post and they are surely good! Though I think I am missing something in the overal sound. I think it might be a fuller sound, maybe more eq'ing or reverbs? (edit:might be roomy pads?) I'm not very capable in creating a solid sound myself though.

Right now I'm trying to create a song from Colonization(boddy morn) in a synthwave style. I'm using the synthwave song from the weeknd as a reference. It is totally not getting close to that right now :)
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

Hey Pakz,
yes, I'm trying to get a "fuller sound" by using paralllel processing since the latest track. But the videos on youtube aren't the best example for judging the sound, the quality isn't the same if you compare that sound to the sound of the MP3 or even the wave file - or the original.
Here's the newest Synthwave track, you can compare the sound quality of the video with the quality of the MP3:

Im trying to learn synthwav myself now also.
Luckily it's the easiest style to learn, it's a no-brainer. :)
Let me know when you're done, I would like to give a listen to your track. I'm also thinking about creating a remix in the Synthwave style, but I don't know which song. There's a lot C64 and Amiga stuff, but I just haven't found the right track yet.
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

Some more stuff. On the last two tracks I used a mono bass for the first time, cutted everything from 0 to 200 MHz into mono. I guess I will do that in future with everything I produce, and maybe there will be a remaster of every older track someday.