PROJECT:HUBBARD (official thread)

For those who want to post remixes from other platforms or show off their original work. Post them here!
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Where would I get Project: Galway? and is there more in this series?
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Analog-X wrote:Where would I get Project: Galway? and is there more in this series?
Er... my site has something to do with it, y'know...

Here...

No more in the series, partly due to relatively disappointing sales of PG, though Project Hubbard will probably appear as an online download.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Ph0B1uS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ph0B1uS »

No more in the series, partly due to relatively disappointing sales of PG, though Project Hubbard will probably appear as an online download.

Chris
Will it be made available as Download only or download as an alternative to CDs?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Ph0B1uS wrote:

Chris
Will it be made available as Download only or download as an alternative to CDs?
No, it won't be released on CD.

Chris
Ph0B1uS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ph0B1uS »

Chris Abbott wrote:
Ph0B1uS wrote:

Chris
No, it won't be released on CD.

Chris
Oh bother, i'm no fan of buying downloads.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

*shrug*

Too many people aren't a fan of buying CDs. If we even had a guaranteed audience of 500 people for each CD we'd have much more freedom to produce them. As it is, you sell maybe 50-100 fairly quickly, then the rest trickles out the door over a period of years: during which time I've got far too many boxes cluttering up my loft.

Chris
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Chris Abbott wrote:*shrug*

Too many people aren't a fan of buying CDs. If we even had a guaranteed audience of 500 people for each CD we'd have much more freedom to produce them. As it is, you sell maybe 50-100 fairly quickly, then the rest trickles out the door over a period of years: during which time I've got far too many boxes cluttering up my loft.

Chris
Thats interesting. I guess I'm old fashioned but I love getting a Pressed CD over downloading/burning my own.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Schlicky
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Schlicky »

CD, Download. I don't care! When can I have it :wink:
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: PROJECT:HUBBARD (official thread)

Post by tomsk »

Thats interesting. I guess I'm old fashioned but I love getting a Pressed CD over downloading/burning my own.
Hear hear. If project Hubbard were to ever make a download release I wouldn't feel a great need to download it - as the magic is getting the sleeve notes contained with-in a nice tangable CD package, and having something to keep and play in years to come. A fond reminder of the great days. That's the way I feel about all C64/scene CDs - hence I have a sturdy collection.
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

From a personal point of view I wouldnt pay to download this, these are the kind of cds you want, to keep in your collection, and if going by the first post that its going to be a 3 discer then I'd definetely rather have it as a cd, however I can understand why chris doesnt really want to make it as a cd, as the costs would probably be more than any profit made (if any)-or even just to break even. It cannot be easy on the nerves (or wallet) to hope for any kind of profit running the business chris does, relying on other people in the scene to buy his products (you know I would though chris, but 1 person aint enough), the other possible alternative to a printed cd with shiny booklet is of course a shiny PDF file, but once again I'd prefer a shiny booklet, with a signature on it too.

At the end of the day it all mounts up to costs, can chris afford to have 100's of cds pressed if they arent going to sell? Im guessing no.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

You'd guess right: actually the main problem isn't so much breaking even (though of course that is a problem) but storage. That many CDs takes up a lot of space, and I've almost run out. It's going to be tough even fitting the Remix64 volume 3 CDs in...

Chris
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Chris Abbott wrote:You'd guess right: actually the main problem isn't so much breaking even (though of course that is a problem) but storage. That many CDs takes up a lot of space, and I've almost run out. It's going to be tough even fitting the Remix64 volume 3 CDs in...

Chris
I've got plenty of space in my Garage Chris if you are running out of storage space. Fully lockable and warm plus it will cost you........ nothing! :D
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Wow, that actually might work! ;-)

/me considers benefits of a visit to Milton Keynes :)

Plus you can give unlimited amounts of CDs away to Hobos! Everyone's a winner!! ;-)

Seriously though, that's a very tempting offer....

Chris
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Chris Abbott wrote:
Plus you can give unlimited amounts of CDs away to Hobos!
...who will complain that they'd *actually* prefer a downloadable version for their i-pod's... ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Yeah, those picky hobos...