What I've been doing lately

For those who want to post remixes from other platforms or show off their original work. Post them here!
Ferrara
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

What I've been doing lately

Post by Ferrara »

If anybody's interested, here's two original tracks from me unrelated to C64 remix scene.

"Farewell, my Jamaican friend..." was released at Alternative Party 2009 in a music compo and got 6. place out of 13 finalists.
http://rapidshare.com/files/437594321/F ... iend_2.ogg

"Sonata Infectionica v2b" is still a WIP and unreleased. It's a part of the soundtrack for a friends game, Infection 2 and features the
main theme of the game. Most likely to be used in the endcredits / outro / intro for Infection 3 -part after the player has played the game through.
http://rapidshare.com/files/437597707/S ... ca_v2b.ogg

Sorry for the Rapidshare, I don't have other places to easily and quickly upload stuff at the moment... :(

Comments, as always, are very very welcome :nod:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: What I've been doing lately

Post by Analog-X64 »

Very nice :) thanks for sharing.

I think your C64 remixes are gems :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

The Jamaican tune reminds me of something off of the Monkey Island soundtracks.

One thing though; every time you use rapidshare, a kitten dies. :nonono:
Check out my website.
Ferrara
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ferrara »

Mordi wrote:The Jamaican tune reminds me of something off of the Monkey Island soundtracks.
I was in a summercabin with my laptop, during the midsummer and had a bit of grog when doing
the basis for the track, so that must be it :arr:
Mordi wrote:One thing though; every time you use rapidshare, a kitten dies. :nonono:
OMG I have to make amends! :(
Just have to figure out, what would be enough to compensate the sin of Rapidshare...
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

Why aren`t you Guys using "4shared" instead of Mediafire, Rapidshare, Megaupload and all of this? You can play a Musicfile instantly over there AND download it (or leave a comment for the Uploader) - and you got a very useful Interface to manage your Files,the comments and the views your stuff got. 10 GB Storage for free. Can be really recommended. ( http://www.4shared.com/ ) - /commercial off. Now where`s the Money??? :wink:

I`m downloading your Music right now,comment will follow. :)
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

Damn, just can`t decide which Track I like more. Awesome work over here. But have to say that I`m the right person for this kind of melancholic Tracks (like "Sweet" from Mr.Mordi, almost made me cry so beautiful is it...). Sad music always touches me if it`s well done. :help: Hope you weren`t in such a bad mood as the Music interfered!?

Okay, after another "Go", I would give the Sonata-Track a 9/10 and the Jamaica an 8. Thanks for sharing these beauties.
Ferrara
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ferrara »

SarahKreuz31: Thank you for the "4shared" -tip, I'll be using them in the future :thumbsup:
Hope you weren`t in such a bad mood as the Music interfered!?
Not for the Sonata Infectionica, but for the Farewell,.... -track I was quite in a sad mood
although I had had a couple of drinks before doing the base melody for the track. The reason
was that we had our cat with us at the summer cabin and he went missing on the night
before and didn't come back until the next morning. The day between was long and sad.

Thank you for your kind words! I wish you and everyone else reading this a Merry Christmas! :)
analoq
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by analoq »

Looking for comments? Sure...

'Sonata': This reminds me a bit of Justice's Planisphere, having the digital-sounding harpsichord with other electronic sounds. Cool sound overall, and the plodding pace probably goes well with the game.

'Farewell': In my not so humble opinion, if you need stock sound effects to help convey the mood of your music then you're not doing your job as a composer. That aside, I like the interplay between the wurly ep and the organ, which by the way is a pretty nice sound. What organ patch is that?

cheers.
Ferrara
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ferrara »

analoq wrote: 'Farewell': In my not so humble opinion, if you need stock sound effects to help convey the mood of your music then you're not doing your job as a composer. That aside, I like the interplay between the wurly ep and the organ, which by the way is a pretty nice sound. What organ patch is that?
Hi analoq and thank you for your comments! :)

Regarding the stock sound effects, I have to partly disagree on your comment. Of course, it might seem amateurish(that's me :) ) to use stock sound effects but hey, even the ultimate and absolute professionals do it. It was a gut-feeling, as the composer of that track, to use those sound effects to complement the mood. In hindsight, the thunder and rain are completely irrelevant to the track and the mood I tried to convey through my work; thus they can be removed without spoiling or watering down the actual music. With that in mind, I also partly agree with you on the sound effects and I'm not looking into using stock sound effects any time soon :)

I honestly don't remember the organ patch since it's been a year since I worked on that track. I'll check it out and let you know on this thread when I know/remember more.

Take care,
-Toni