Techno & Elektro

For those who want to post remixes from other platforms or show off their original work. Post them here!
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Techno & Elektro

Post by TNT »

After LMan's hint using a maximizer for the mastering I tried to handle it. I used it in 3 "clubbish" tracks next to the Elvira Garden-Remix on amigaremix. In my opinion it sounds better than the first tracks I released on soundcloud or remix.kwed. Please tell me what you think. Improvement suggestions concerning the mastering are always welcome! :)

Techno:

Elektro:
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Re: Techno & Elektro

Post by LMan »

Sounds perfect to me.
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

Damn, you`re finally obsessed by the Music from the Elvira Game, that`s for sure. :D Must be a challenge somehow, since the original Soundscape fits perfectly within the Game - but doesn`t work if you`re listening to `em without playing (pretty boring). So you have to put a lot of effort into it to make a "listenable" Remix. Looking forward how this over here will be going.

Favorite Track so far is the Electro-Tune. It`s...well, decent at least.
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

Well, I think both Elvira-Remixes I've made are "listenable". :wink:
The Garden remix has been criticised because of its music style, which wouldn't fit to the original. Otherwise people are criticising other remixes because of being too close to the original and remixers should create something new. I think that's exactly what I've done. So in my opinion there's absolutely no need for changing anything. Either you like it or not. I do. :)

@LMan:
Dann ist's gut! :D

The maximizer seems to be quite similar to a so-called bus compressor. I don't see any necessity for using such a bus compressor. Just a compressor for every track and at last the maximizer for "that pro sound". Am I right or am I wrong?
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

TNT wrote: Either you like it or not. I do. :)
hmmmm...okay. Yeah, that`s the important thing I guess. :D But always be prepared if you`re asking "please tell me what you think" that ppl are just doing as they told. ;)
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

That's ok, because that's the only way it should be. :)
In this case I wanted to know what people are thinking about the mastering. If it rockz or suckz, you know?! 8)

I just don't know what kind of effort you mean if you say "You have to put a lot of effort into it to make a listenable Remix", that's all. Create a different style, which turns the original into something new? Nope. Get some better quality samples? Maybe. Add own melodies for upgrading the boring original? Hmm. I don't know. Anyway, cheers for voting my tracks! :D
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

1)
Electronic sound for those who know... :wink:

2)
The bassdrum seems to be a little bit too punchy on my computer speakers, but on all my other audio systems (hi-fi equipment, iPod etc.) it sounds perfect. What do you think? Too punchy or just because of these speakers?
Raven Squad
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Raven Squad »

Those sound pretty damn good. Loving that electrotune Target acquired. Minimalistic, but still intresting.
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

It seems that a few improvements here and there are paying off. A few months ago I have received a little contract from a music label devoted to dark electro. I don't expect much concerning money, but for me it's good to know that my work is receiving some credit. However, I would have created my tunes anyway, because it's simply cool getting creative. Here are a couple of tracks (electro all the way) I've produced in the last months:

LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Love all your tracks, TNT. :rock:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

They're dynamite!*

* Yes, I know ;-)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

Yes, explosive stuff all the way. :wink:
You haven't read this accidentally, right?
LMan wrote:Love all your tracks, TNT. :rock:
Wow, this is to be taken literally. Thanks for your support, too! :)
There is one track missing because it's set to private until its release in September. But you already know that track. You still can listen to it on Youtube. It's called "Hadopelagial".

But I'm still not 100% satisfied with the end result concerning mastering. Even though the studio owner himself told me that there's nothing needed to be improved because the mastering is already pretty good, I have to note that compared to other tracks from other guys (LMan is one of them) my tracks seem to be quite soft. Like someone turns the volume down. Any ideas how to get the tracks "louder" without any clipping and without losing its dynamic?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Do you compress individual tracks as well? Compression isn't only good for the master track. Also, some finished tracks go through multiband compression as well.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

Yes, I compress every single track as well and I adjust some single tracks by using an EQ, too. Especially the drums needed to be pushed up by EQ. In the master channel I use only two things, one is a maximizer and the other is a mixer EQ. That's all.
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

My very first official release is out now. It can be bought here. :D