Worst and best game, bought?

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Worst and best game, bought?

Post by trace »

What is your worst and best game you bought to the c64?

Mine was when i ordered 2 shot'em up games: Denaris and katakis.
When i got them it turned out that the games was identical, and when i mean identical it was in my eyes atleast the same game. :bash:
Just check http://www.c64.com and search for the games and you'll see...
Can anyone explain that? different versions pal/ntsc?

So i sent one of them back and bought Marble madness, really fun and hard game :)
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Katakis was withdrawn because of Copyright issues as was thought to close to R-Type, both coded my Manfred Trenz, it was later released under the name Denaris

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Thanks mate :)
But what is the differens between katakis and denaris copyright wise? :)
Denaris also like r-type :)
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

The first game I ever bought from my well earned pocket money was Zynaps. The disk was broken. Seeing how down I was my dad drove all the way back to the store (about 50km one way) to exchange the disk. When we got home, the new version was also broken. So we had to go again, and I got a copy of Exolon instead (which worked). :lol:

My greatest disapointment was Turrican 3. What were they thinking when they took away the beamer? Never played past the first levels, played Turrican 2 to death instead. I knew that one so well that when I was thru I had about 60 or 70 lives, can't recall the number. :)
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

One of the very few games I bought (well, as a member of TRSI :wink: ) was the C-128 version of "The Last V8". I was quite disappointed when I realized that it was practically identical with the C64 version, only with the mars surface level added in the beginning.
Nevertheless I was the only one known in my school to play it through cos all other people despaired of the tricky steering.
Actually my only motivation during play was to listen to the music as long as possible...
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Time for a co-op remix of the last v8 then :)
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

The BIT 3 one was pretty definitive, frankly. That was a co-op, too, between me, Boz, Fabian Del Priore and Marcel.

Chris
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

never say never, chris :)
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

He's just afraid, DHS. :)
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Romeo Knight wrote:the C-128 version of "The Last V8" - I was quite disappointed when I realized that it was practically identical with the C64 version, only with the mars surface level added in the beginning.
Don't forget it had different (and much clearer) speech than the C64 version as well (check it out in HVSC). The opening Mars level btw - the Darling brothers just rehashed this in Red Max by Codemasters. What a swizz!
I have the original C128 disk somewhere (along with Kikstart 128), just need a 128 to play it on..

As for my own worst game, my brother bought Chase HQ, we got home and it was utter cack. So we went back to the shop and fooled the useless assistant with the "tape won't load" routine, and got something much better.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Yoshi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Yoshi »

The worst game I bought: Ronald Rubberduck. The game was really bad and the cassette didnt work very well.

The best game I bought: Continental Circus
The best game I got for free: Last Ninja
The best turbo game I copied: Giana Sisters
The best game I dubbed: Arkanoid (aah.. dubbing games with two regular cassette recorders was a challange)
Driller
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Driller »

Worst game I bought was "Western Games". Couldn't believe how shit it was :) I took it back to my local Boots (when they sold games) and did the classic "the tape didn't work" routine. Luckily they had sold out of the game and they offered me my money back. One question - who else bought this game and kept it?

Best game? Last Ninja. I was waiting for this game for months since I saw the previews in Commodore User. The only game I have ever anticipated as much since is Half-Life 2. And yes - Last Ninja is one of me fav C64 games :)
dan gillgrass

Post by dan gillgrass »

My best game was prob Last Ninja 2 but there are SO many to choose from, my worst? erm...... prob Operation Thunderbolt

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

You'll laugh...
Worst game was Dragon's Lair because the copy protection didn't like my C64 and my 1541 (Aldi-versions).
Best game was M.U.L.E. because I had tons of fun with 3 friends playing tournament after tournament.
What a shame it wasn't my module...
Last edited by Vosla on 15/07/2005 - 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
All is lost.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

C64 ~ Last Ninja 2
Amiga ~ Castle Master

No I can't decide without looking through all games :| But there were so many great games. Fun games, horror games, action games... I'll never decide.