Man City 3 The Scum 1

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Man City 3 The Scum 1

Post by Waz »

As you can imagine, I'm still in a state of total happiness and delirium.

The Manchester derby is not just another game of football, it's bragging rights for the rest of the season locally (even if most of Man U's fans are in London or Singapore there's still a few round here) and I'm just so proud of City and the way that they destroyed The Scum today.

First half hour was a bit tense, but then as the ball was headed out of the Scum defence Stephen Ireland sent a gorgeous ball into the path of Trevor Sinclair, and he smashed it into the bottom corner. 1-0. Come on!

After David James made an excellent save from Shrek (Rooney) City went forward, and Sinclair headed a ball on, Andy Cole controlled it well and it went to Darius Vassell. After their defender Silvestre decided he didn't want to clear it Vassell just turned and slotted it into the bottom left corner, and 2-0.

I didn't want the first half to end, we could have scored another and I was just so happy to see the blue shirted heroes doing the business.

Second half they came at us, and took their rubbish new signing Evra off (Sinclair had him in his pocket) and tried to mix things up. Shrek had already been booked for whinging at the ref (he obviously learnt that from Ferguscum) and after a superb tackle from Stephen Jordan to stop Christiano Ronaldo, Ronaldo decided it wasn't fair and so went in two footed on Andy Cole. Cole jumped to miss the tackle (good job he did!) and the ref decided the intent was there to deliberately injure Cole and sent the gay boy Ronaldo off. Result!

Even with van Nistelcheat scoring to make it 2-1 and a nervy last fifteen minutes, we kept it tight and could have scored - if only Vassell had seen Sinclair free. Then we cleared the ball, Ireland sent a lovely ball over to Vassell, who ran past the area diagonally, cut it back for the sub Robbie Fowler and he struck it like the Fowler of old giving van der Sar no chance in hell. 3-1 deep into stoppage time and that's the result done.

What I especially loved is that on Sky Sports News later I saw the cameras focus on Stuart Pearce after the third goal, and he ran to the City fans to share their joy and was mobbed by them chanting "Psycho! Psycho!" Fantastic stuff. He certainly got them motivated today, the tactics were spot on, and Ireland played a blinder, almost shading man of the match Sinclair in the midfield.

And we've virtually killed off their title hopes too. Result, big time. See, this is why the likes of Paul, Neil, Dan and me love footy. For moments like this where the sheer joy and happiness is so wonderful. Sinclair actually said before the game scoring in a derby game against the Scum is better than sex. I hope his wife gets the man of the match champagane as he'll be in the doghouse tonight LOL!!!
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Great result Waz :)

Got to love Stuart Pierce ain't ya.. Saw the highlights and just watching the fella is enough for any fan to admire his passion and pride.

And your right, football can indeed bring out some very strange emotions. From Disapointment to anger to happyness to delerium.

And with these types of games it's PRIDE... Not just pride within the team but of your town/city.

I'll never forget the playoff Final at Stoke when we got promoted back intot he football league.. 2-0 up and strolling it, 15,000 rovers fan in full voice, butterflies in my stomauch, great feeling.. then suddenly 2-2 and looking as good as dead and burried, disaster, a gutted feeling, then suddenly golden goal 3-2 to Donny and back in the football league.. Struggled to hold back the tears and failed but that was ok there were another 14,999 people crying too.
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

tas wrote: Got to love Stuart Pierce ain't ya.. Saw the highlights and just watching the fella is enough for any fan to admire his passion and pride.
Damn right that man. Watching the man at work is a pleasure for any football fan up and down the country - to see that passion, determination and kicking every ball with you is such a change to see. No wonder people are wanting him for the England manager's job one day!

Anyway, don't know if you've heard, but it looks likeFerguscum and Shrek are going to be pulled up by the FA for certain comments and whinging at the referee at half time. Awww diddums, they couldn't take it cos they were losing, and Shrek got booked for dissent (quite right too).

Ferguscum's also whining about the sending off. First off, Jordan's tackle was a bit hard on Ronaldo, but he went for the ball and got it. If Ronaldo wants to act like a cry baby, throw his dolls out of the pram and deliberately try to injure a City player cos he lost the ball again, that's his own fault. Ferguscum says "He's not touched the player, he's not even got near him." Well hang on! What about intent to deliberately injure? Didn't Vieira get sent off for Arsenal against the Scum for exactly the same sort of thing? Nah, must have been imagining that one...

Of course this is exactly the reason why football fans hate the Scum - they whinge and cry when things don't go their own way just cos of who they are. Face it Ferguscum - the better team won on the day. Just take it!
Last edited by Waz on 15/01/2006 - 9:33, edited 2 times in total.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

thanks for that man city.. chelsea got the title in the bag now :D
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

Waz - yes that's a really good result. I dunno why but I always want City to win the derby matches (maybe for the exact reasons you point out about Man Utd always whinging when things don't go there way). I also love Stu Pearce and think he's a class bloke

However, as you celebrate your comfortable home win again 'the scum' please spare a thought for us Sunderland fans.
10 points 'clear' at the bottom of the table
Chelsea at home today live on Sky....that could be very :oops:
Only won 1 game so far this season
No Money to spend
Good Manager (Mick Mcarthy)- but awful chairman.
Facing the prospect of breaking ALL premiership WORST records.

Adrift - with no hope of survival and still 30,000 singing them on.

Really all rather sad.

:(
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Sunderland 1-1 Chelsea after 65 mins...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live