THE HEATWAVE!

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

THE HEATWAVE!

Post by tas »

I dunno about anyone else and i don't know how much it's effecting other countries in Europe but the current Heatwave has been too much for me!

Today i went out and bought a portable Air Con unit - i have to say one one the best things i have ever bought! i think i might sleep even tonight!

Hows the heat been in your part of the world.. The UK has been basking in record heat of upto 36 C! Not at all Welcome i must say! At he moment it's in the high 20's (28/29) much better but much more humid!
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

There's been many warm days here in Denmark. I've been to the beach the last two days, nothing like a little swim and a cool coke to cool you down. It's been at over 30 degrees a couple of times.

But yeah, some of these nights are like perma-sauna.
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

I went to Kiviks Marknad(market) for a few hours and came home as a black guy(except the hihihi
Paul Vanukoff

Post by Paul Vanukoff »

Got you all beat! :D

Where I live right now it is 112 degrees (F) ... which is about 44.4 degrees C.

:wink:

Some summers it gets over 120 degrees F (49 C).

Air conditioning is pretty much ubiquitous over here though ...
Paul Vanukoff
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

im enjoying this weather.. we dont get enough good weather nowaday's, most of the time we have to leave our country to get some decent sun and skin cancer.. now we can just go lounge in the garden lol.

come the winter we'll all be complaining its too cold.. thats the british spirit :D
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

But don't you all find this hot weather makes you have to wash more than once a month? Terrible i say. :lol:
kufi
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by kufi »

It has been pretty hot here (35 C plus) since a few weeks, luckily it rained yesterday and so i was actually able to sleep the whole night because it cooled down considerably.

What i do not like about the weather this year is that there is almost no transition between the seasons. First the long winter (up until late april) and then full summer about two weeks later. There will probably be no fall either, summer will last until late october and then it will start to snow already. This seems to get worse every year. Global warming? Who knows...

Image Image Image
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

5 hours on a coach on Friday WAS NOT MUCH FUN, particularly when the air conditioning started to leak water...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Its HOT HOT HOT HOT!!!

When it's cold you want heat and when it gets warm it is TOO hot and the other way around... One doesn't get satisfied :shock:

And last saturday my sis came and visit for a bbq and it started to thunder and rain like crazy!!! but i got out and started bbq anyway cause i could stand under a roof ;)
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

It's been so friggin' hot, my legs turned into little fountains (got lymphatic edema, you know). I am dizzy now with funny little dots before my eyes and I'm almost capsizing at every corner I take. :roll:
All is lost.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Paul Vanukoff wrote:Got you all beat! :D

Where I live right now it is 112 degrees (F) ... which is about 44.4 degrees C.

:wink:

Some summers it gets over 120 degrees F (49 C).

Air conditioning is pretty much ubiquitous over here though ...
It's slowly becoming more important over here.. As a kid i remember hot summers in the mid 20's quite regularly, but i swear we never had days on days of 30+, especially up in the North of England.
Armand
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Armand »

I still can't believe the heat of this country at the moment!

The humidity is amazing and there is very little or no air at all. It has only been like this for a few years just wait until global warming really strikes and things start to get really hot! :) :wink:
"Certain death, small chance of success . . . what are we waitin' for?" -Gimli, ROTK

http://www.paintbox.hitart.com
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

This isn't fun anymore... PCs "at work" switched themselves off several times. Without any air conditioning in the whole complex they simply overheated.
Without any warning, I was off too. Awake one second and *poof* in dreamyland the next second. :roll:
All is lost.