Driving Test tomorrow!

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
tony.rc
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by tony.rc »

Good on ya Tas!!!

I'm gonna have to go through all that soon
Chrome - keeping the Aussie scene alive
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Marcel Donné »

Congratulations Neil and welcome to the word of mobility, give or take a few traffic jams :D
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Congratulations, Tas!

I am older than you, and still have no drivers license. Maybe I will give that a try at some point in life when I feel I really need it, but so far I've only regretted not having one so few times that it didn't feel like it mattered much.

But very good on you to go out there and do it, and do it so well! =)
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

As somebody who has recently lost their driving license (because of the Alien in my skull!) I am so jeleous of you Tas and hope you get out on the roads and REALLY learn to drive as soon as possible!

You know that you drive when you travel several miles without thinking about it.... it's quite spooky when that happens for the first time.

WELL DONE SIR!
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Well done Tas!

Funnily enough, I passed my test when I was 17 but didn't actually start driving until I was about 30!

You can blame these three people for giving me an incentive to get on the road and actually GO somewhere!

:D
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Congrats Tas-man !! :D
Armand
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Armand »

Yeah, congrats on that, Tas. Hope you are going out for a drinkies later to celebrate??? :roll: :twisted:
"Certain death, small chance of success . . . what are we waitin' for?" -Gimli, ROTK

http://www.paintbox.hitart.com
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

skitz wrote:As somebody who has recently lost their driving license (because of the Alien in my skull!) I am so jeleous of you Tas and hope you get out on the roads and REALLY learn to drive as soon as possible!

You know that you drive when you travel several miles without thinking about it.... it's quite spooky when that happens for the first time.

WELL DONE SIR!
I've got a whopping two days off work (Thursday/Friday) and will be looking to buy myself a Car. So, yes I fully expect that by the weekend i shall be really learning to drive.

Not wanting anything too flashy mind or too big but then at 6'1 i don't want anything too small either.

Got my eye on a Ford Focus or a Toyota Carolla.

heh, i even bullied a friend of mine yesterday to take me to the petrol station and let me fill her car up - just because i didn't know how to do it. LOL, it's not exactly rocket science but was good to ease my mind that it was simple enough.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

* reccomends a Vauxhall Vectra, P reg or over, for decent MPG, good performance and bloody nice comfort on the ride. You should find a good one for around a grand... get the price off the web and typicly save about £200 on buying it (i did).

Then.. with that £200 saved.. nip down to halfords and get an MP3 cd player in the sukka - they install for free :D

Heres some info: (req java)
http://parkers.co.uk/pricing/used_car/v ... orsell=buy

Parkers.co.uk is the BEST price guide for second user cars. Best of luck m8 :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Cars play MPGs? I thought it was just Radio, CDs and MP3?

/me:coat=>get
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Chris Abbott wrote:Cars play MPGs? I thought it was just Radio, CDs and MP3?

/me:coat=>get
:lol: Better grab the wellibobs too m8, gonna be out in the rain for a long time for that... that was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, so so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :lol:
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Matrix wrote:* reccomends a Vauxhall Vectra, P reg or over, for decent MPG, good performance and bloody nice comfort on the ride. You should find a good one for around a grand... get the price off the web and typicly save about £200 on buying it (i did).

Then.. with that £200 saved.. nip down to halfords and get an MP3 cd player in the sukka - they install for free :D

Heres some info: (req java)
http://parkers.co.uk/pricing/used_car/v ... orsell=buy

Parkers.co.uk is the BEST price guide for second user cars. Best of luck m8 :)
Test drived a Vauxhall Vectra today and hated it. It might have been just that car but it drove like a dog! The steering was unresponsive, the gears were difficult, The brakes were poor, and the clutch felt all wrong.

Instead i bought a Toyota Avensis 1.8se. Didn't really want a big car but i fell in love with it right away and got an exeptional deal on it and knocked them down £600 in the process. Plus a Full tank of petrol, full service, 12 months MOT, 12 month car tax, 1 year full warrenty, 12 month free RAC recovery cover thrown in too.