10 tracks from past til now...

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
trace
Forum God
Forum God

10 tracks from past til now...

Post by trace »

Today I thought about what if we who make music make our own made CD's collection from when we started to make music til now.

!Only your original work is allowed!
10 tracks is the limit and you shall select your best work from the beginning you stared to do music til now.

This is what I came up with after a while of listening and thinking :D

My 10 track

Maybe we all should add some comments on each track too :D
1. Tävlings bidrag 2 (SID): I was reading in a computer magazine of a sid music compo and I did this and 2 more. Didn't win :P
2. Trance Lotion (Amiga): This is a little mod I made that evolves into several tunes in one :D
3. The Dream (XM): This track was made in Fasttracker and is inspired my Robert Miles -Children. Was played on our local radio station and was #1 for 10 weeks :D
4. Wake up(dreams) (mod): Main track on my music disk on amiga.
5. Snow (XM): A nice smooth track that needs some bass and surround to sounds as it should :D
6. One with Nature (XM): One of my favourite Fasttracker tracks :D
7. Piano Trance Medley (MOD): Love this. Trancy and niiiiice :D
8. Slow Poison (Reason): My main style when doing music :D
9. Dedicated to my father (Reason): This track was actually made before my father passed but it felt just right to dedicate it to him.
10. Audial Dream (Reason): Smoooth track that was going to be my main track for my CD called (Audial Dreams)
Last edited by trace on 10/02/2010 - 21:58, edited 2 times in total.
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Re: 10 tracks from past til now...

Post by Mordi »

I liked Snow (although it was a bit too repetitive until the end-part for my taste). But very soothing and nice.
One with nature was also pretty cool.
I also liked dedication to my farther (maybe you meant father? :p).

Here's my list:
Havregryn
Milky (starting point was; what if Vangelis made the Pokemon theme)
Unnamed track
Relax
Cheesepie
Mewwy Cwistmas
Happiest song ever
Another day (about half is original)
Check out my website.
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Thanks for seeing my typo there, I have change it to "father" now :P
Snow is meant to be repetitive but it is changeing alittle for next part, it is really easy listening after a few times, also it needs to be listened with heavy bass and pretty good stereo/surround to get a nice effect :P
"Snow" and "One with nature" is done in FasttrackerII and "Dedicated to my father" is done in reason :D

Coolt tracks :D
I like "The happies song even" the first lead reminds me of a cat meaow'ing the melodie :P lol

The last one is really disting.
Soundcloud PowerTrace
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Ok heres mine

Blast -

http://infamous.ziphoid.com/InfamousBlast.mp3

I did this on octamed a long long long time ago, Thanks to a friend and his squirrel drive thingie for his amiga (before he accidently blew it up lol) he managed to rescue this from a floppy disc and give it to me, pretty much my 1st tune

Floating Point -

http://infamous.ziphoid.com/InfamousFloatingpoint.mp3

This was done with ejay heh and was my 1st foray into the pc music mixing scene, I hated how it was so bloody cut and paste (literally) so messed about with it, using cool edit pro and ALOT of patience, Im quite proud of this still because I think I managed to make ejay not sound like ejay for the best part.

Opus 2 -

http://infamous.ziphoid.com/InfamousOpus2.mp3

This was my 1st decent madtracker tune (i did my 1st few remixes with madtracker) and holds a point of pride because it was the 1st tune that neil heard and said he liked that id done lol, I am in the process of redoing this with better instruments.

Entropy title -

http://infamous.ziphoid.com/infamousEntropy.mp3

Though it was meant to be in a game its still an original track and once again done with madtracker and I am quite proud of this one too, It took me a long long time to get it to sound right, and another tune that I am in the process of updating again.

Rogue crackaz -

http://infamous.ziphoid.com/InfamousRoguecrackaz.mp3

Written for a guild I was in for their webpage, and one of the 1st buzz tracks that I wrote, its pretty basic but I did manage to really capture that ye olde skool rave feel with it.

Shauns Dead -

http://infamous.ziphoid.com/InfamousShaunsdead.mp3

Got played on radio 1 thanks to matrix... nuff said really.. bit of a crown achievement.

Fallen stars -

http://infamous.ziphoid.com/InfamousStars.mp3

One of my proudest moments, I still listen to this now and wonder just how I did it, the entire thing is done with only buzz's internal noises (and 1 drumbeat wav), very laid back and another tune that people seem to really really like.. makes me wonder why i dont write more music like this.

Project Future

http://infamous.ziphoid.com/InfamousProjectF.mp3

Written for a game that got released a few years ago and much in the same vein as the tune above, but I am really proud of it, It manages to create a bloody fantastic atmosphere for the game and fitted so perfectly it almost hurts, it was also at this point that someone on the retro remakes board referred to me as "the rob hubbard of the remake world" and im sure you'll agree thats quite the compliment.. certianly was to me.

p0rn

http://infamous.ziphoid.com/InfamousP0rn.mp3

My 1st foray into the commercial world, didn't do that well (hence it being free here) but it was a learning experience .. and a proud moment for me to have gotten it released at all really... quite daft but danceable. This is the radio edit of the tune.

Mashup10k

http://infamous.ziphoid.com/InfamousMashup10k.mp3

And finally.. THIS .. which after much deliberation I decided to put up here because I really can't be arsed to go through all the crap of getting in contact with the management at emi to discuss royalties with bloody marc almond .. its tainted love on steroids and here half finished but still sounding pretty good (i think).

And thats my top 10, because im anal I also did it in chronological order lol.
Last edited by Infamous on 08/02/2010 - 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Entorpy doesn't work...
Soundcloud PowerTrace
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Sorted it out, it works now.. didn't have a capital i in infamous like the other ones :duh:
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Those are ace tracks, Trace!! :worship:
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

:oops: :oops: Thanks, i'll do my best 8)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
NecroPolo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by NecroPolo »

trace wrote:Entorpy doesn't work...

:D If you don't take it as the song title but by the meaning of the word - it must be one of the most hilarious forum comments I've ever read to date :D

Nice original music, guys!

I like this thread. In a way or another, C64 remix scene really inspires me to go back in time :) I'll post my tenpack soon.
Last edited by NecroPolo on 12/02/2010 - 2:10, edited 2 times in total.
NecroPolo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by NecroPolo »

EDIT - some of the links probably will not work due to a server maintenance I had to do recently. I won't fix it but tracks are available this way or an another if you need them, just contact me.

/NP

Foreword: ...If you really wish to hear some of my best moments with a musical instrument in my hands, check the recently released album "rakBIT" at C64Audio.com - but still :D There were no usual pressing issues while I was working on that. I could capture moments, not just record songs in a haste as it always goes.

So, my tenpack:

Depression pt1. (sid) 1989

Even my first-ever tune put me neck deep in the underground. Redneck zombie dirty sound. That's what I wanted to do and this defined my first decade as a musician. The track is digitalised from an old 2-track audio archive tape (note the warmth) from 1990 or so. This is the sound of my old Beast.

Geister (sid) 1994

Game "Geister" was full of blood and everything that is cool to shoot with or shoot at. Included linear storyline, character development, IRQ loader, level editor, whatsoever. Two test levels had been ready when all the data was destroyed in the developer's housefire. That fire ended my old SID days as well. I consider that period of time to be the peak of my musical creativity and SID torturing skills, many riffs were used in later band projects.

RKH - Kezelheto 1994

The first full-length rock song of mine. This song was written on C64 (check HVSC for curable.sid if you like). RKH was the first band I joined, somewhere around 1993. After releasing two demos and an EP, 2 members left the band so it fell into coma in 1996. Despite the short active 3 years on the road, the attitude of the band influenced many younger musicians around to create some bloody awesome stuff afterwards. In 2006 RKH was re-formed with 2 of them plus the original drummer and me.

Wackor - Lobotomy 2001

Wackor is my active band from 1996. Due to college studies it was in standby mode in its first years. Despite that, the band played lots of gigs between 1996 and 2000 and released a couple of demos. By 2002 we became a working and touring band. It was time to release something stronger. This song opened the sixpack EP that opened a lot of opportunities afterwards. Note my almost lethal accent :)

NecroPolo - Wright Bros Sandwich 2002

After a couple of years in broadcast production and playing onstage, always doing tight and disciplined stuff, I just had to burn the fuse. I tried to clear my mind from everything I had already known and approach the guitar the other way around that ended to be an under-underground experimental album, called 'PocketGods'.

Wackor - Jinxted Obscene Evolver 2003

By 2003 Wackor was ready to release the first full album: Methanolid. Right in the middle of vocal recording my voice got damaged rather badly so all the work had to be postponed, for 6 months or so. Finally, it was released in 2004 at Holosonic Music. JOE (Jinxted Obscene Evolver - named after a friend) is about evolution. This song quickly became a crowd pealser in concerts. Years after the release, the instrumental version of this song was featured in racing games Project: Torque and 4x4JAM and became the title tune of Hungarian car TV show called TotalCar. Them guys even invited us to play live in the show where East Block guys torn apart a Mercedes-Benz van in minutes and built in a fully functional kitchen of it in a couple of hours or so, then the ghost of Rudolf Caracciola baked us an apple pie. That was a cool event.

NecroPolo - Alpenmilch 2005

This theme rested in the box for long. My old delay pedal started to die so I bought a DD6 and started experimenting with that (so all you can hear in my rendition of Parallax started there). I hit REC on the fly, tortured the unit and my guitar for approx. 40 minutes.

Wackor - Somebody's Nobody 2006

The second Wackor album called 'Uncommon Ground' delayed for over 2 years. We wanted it out in 2006 but balancing between 50 concerts per year vs private life vs job vs education vs whatever ate us alive. We lost direction, got exhausted. Arthrosis that hit me hard in 2006 and 2007 did not help my creativity, either. But after all the difficulties it was finished and released at Edge Records in December of 2008. "Somebody" is one of the most popular tracks from the album - my fav, too.

RKH - Madach 2009

Lyrics and riffs are from 1996, all were put together in 2009 for the returning album. The man Madach wrote a literature masterpiece in Hungarian, called Tragedy of Mankind, based on the Bible story of creation, but from a very special point of view. This song is our tribute to him, also will be included in the 2010 RKH album, hopefully released somewhere in February.

Cadmium preview (sid) 2010

In the summer of 2009 I started to create SIDs again. This is one of the new ones, the nastiest of the bunch. Belongs to a certain stuff that hasn't been released yet. Can't tell more :)

Although band recordings are copyrighted material, don't worry: these actual tracks are free to download by default. :wink: